STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
Building & Construction / Project Management
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Project Administrator
Location : ACT
A national construction company with head offices in Canberra providing innovative commercial construction services all over Australia. Our client is a highly established company with great company culture, providing a wonderful working experience for their employees.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Projects Administrator to join our client’s team in Canberra. As the Projects Administrator you will work closely with the client company’s management to negotiate and prepare tenders, as well as making sure the company is in compliance with regulations. You will be in charge of administration of sub contracts (procurement, payments, variation assessment).
The role includes (but not limited to):
- Accurate records are maintained for PM to use to manage projects.
- Neat and accurate client related documents produced and provided to Project Manager as per project requirements.
- Support and assist the Project Manager in the contract management of the head and sub/trade contracts.
- Assist the Project Manager implement the Integrated Management System requirements on the project.
- Follow all organisational health and safety policies, particularly those related to the role.
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbally and have excellent listening and negotiating skills.
- Develop and maintain effective networks with contractors and industry colleagues and to display confidence when dealing with others.
- Increase own knowledge base and engage in continual learning whilst in this role with a view to career progression to Project and/or Senior Management position on projects.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of policies, procedures, products, services and systems.
- Ensure compliance with legislation, regulation and codes of practice standards and systems in relation to the duties of this role and evidenced by positive audit outcomes.
- Assist with the management of the head and sub/trade contracts including timely provision of signed contracts and contract documentation. Ensure all relevant documentation and correspondence is in place so that disputes, claims or liabilities under the contract are avoided.
- Carry out the administration tasks in a timely and coordinated fashion to ensure internal office administration timelines are met and all project documentation is completed in accordance with good practice and contractual timeframes.
- Maintain concise and accurate cost and project documentation for the Project Manager including reports that shows payments are received and made on time and financial reporting is on time, accurate and show good financial management practices.
- Learn and follow Safety in Design discipline throughout the project delivery.
- Demonstrate the culture of safety by actions and behaviours of all self and others (including contractors on site) and participate in relevant meetings. Assist Project and Site staff in maintaining site presentation and housekeeping to a very high standard.
- Learn and adopt good operational risk management practices for the project, identifying, assessing and recording key risks using risk and compliance framework.
- Demonstrate sound operational knowledge of legislative, regulatory and standards requirements including Australian Building and Construction Commission (ABCC), Office of the Federal Safety Commissioner (OFSC), Workplace Health & Safety, Complaint Handling and Dispute Resolution and their implementation on projects.
- Ensure the highest level of accuracy and professionalism is maintained in all areas of client and service provision. This includes ensuring the timeframes for processing of relevant documentation are actioned in accordance with company policy and procedures.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Professionalism, respect and integrity toward your clients, suppliers, contractors, and staff with an ability to work and communicate with different personality types.
- The ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks.
- Project administration/management experience within the construction industry.
- A current First Aid Certificate, General Induction Card & Asbestos Awareness certificate.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0485 835 308
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply