Engineering / Building Services
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Design Engineer/Consultant
Location : Melbourne
Australian owned and operated business providing all facets of engineered fire protection solutions.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Design Engineer/Consultant to join the Melbourne team. As the Design Engineer/Consultant you will be responsible for designing fire systems, procuring materials, performing site visits, and working closely with Project Managers and Site Staff.
The key focus areas of the role include:
- Designing wet and dry fire systems using 2D and 3D modelling software.
- Coordinating with external design teams.
- Optimizing system designs to produce the most economical and constructible solutions.
- Timely procurement of project materials including generation of shop drawings and pipe fabrication.
- Performing site visits to assess project requirements.
- Liaise closely with our Project Managers and Site Staff to ensure all site requirements are met.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Industry Experience, Diploma of Fire Systems Design or Bachelor’s degree or higher in any Engineering/Architecture/Science.
- Experience in designing fire protection systems and knowledge of relevant codes and regulations.
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Ability to accurately interpret and analyze technical data and construction documents.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Experience working in the Australian fire protection industry is preferred but not required.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply