IT & Telecomms / IT Security
Contract or Temp
Position : Director, Cyber Security – IT Security Adviser
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for highly experienced Director, Cyber Security – IT Security Adviser contractor for a government agency.
The department’s Information Services Branch are looking for an experienced cyber security professional to act in the role of Director, Cyber Security – IT Security Adviser while key personnel are on leave.
This EL2 position leads a small team of cyber professionals in the day to day operational cyber security of the department and shared service partners across three distinct networks. This position is responsible for providing cyber security guidance and advice to internal and external customers, overseeing and producing cyber GRC activities and coordinating incident resolution and remediation.
The occupant will be responsible for coordinating cyber security tasks throughout the Department and its supported networks. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver and maintain cyber security policies, plans and procedures
- Coordinate, review and deliver cyber security artefacts used in Authority to Operate processes
- Deliver, maintain and present cyber security training for staff members
- Provide technical security advice in the planning and implementation of new hardware and software solutions, allowing for both client requirements and Australian Government security guidelines
- Coordinate cyber security investigations
- Develop briefs for Senior Executives, Boards and Committees
- Oversee cyber uplift programs, changes and minor projects
- Coordinating and leading a small cyber security team
Applicants must have a cyber security background, preferably with the application of ICT security services in Australian Government, and must have experience in the security standards of Government networks. Previous experience in an IT Security Adviser or similar role is highly desirable.
Advice would need to be given for networks at various security classifications. NV1 security clearance as a minimum is highly desirable in order to immediately advise on these systems.
Applicants must be able to write and maintain cyber security documentation, such as security policy and security risk assessments, in accordance with Australian Government, Departmental and international standards. The occupant must be able to work independently, have an eye for detail and be able to prioritise multiple tasks. Applicant must have good written and verbal briefing skills, and be able to interpret technical details for a non-technical audience as necessary.
This role would have at least three weeks’ worth of handover with the current Director, Cyber Security, allowing for a simple transition to a coordination role.
- Demonstrated previous experience in similar roles.
- Qualifications relevant to the role.
- Relevant security certifications, qualifications and degrees.
- Previous experience in an IT Security Adviser role for a federal government agency.
What the role offers:
- Up to $2000/day contracting rate for the right candidate
- A fun, collaborative and productive team.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply