Trades & Services / Gardener / Landscaper / Horticulturalist
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Site Supervisor
Location : Melbourne
Our client is a leading landscaping services provider offering construction solutions across Melbourne’s commercial and public spaces. As the company is growing, they are currently looking for a Site Supervisor to join their Melbourne team to lead a team to deliver high quality commercial landscape projects.
An opportunity is now available to join the Melbourne team as a Site Supervisor. In this role you will be expected to run a team of people on the ground with support from the company director and administrators. The role will be reporting to the Director/Project Manager.
Responsibilities will be (and not limited to):
- Be in charge of running the whole site efficiently
- Lead a team to deliver high quality commercial landscape projects.
- Managing, motivating, supervising, and directing site team and sub-contractors
- Effectively delegate and Complete daily tasks
- Efficiently manage your time.
- Willing and skilled to train and supervise staff on the job.
- Willing to do the works with the team (Your role should consist of 40% on the tools and 60% management)
- Have a sound understanding of Occupational Health and Safety.
- Be able to present to our clients and general public in a professional, polite manner and represent the company’s values.
- Managing the works on the ground to a high quality and standard
- Running Site meetings/ Inductions and be responsible for all documentation and communication on site
- Be willing and able to do what it takes to get the job done
- Assisting with scheduling and timelining projects
- Liaising and building strong relationships with our clients to understand their needs
- Day to day management of team on the ground allocating tasks and maintaining efficiency at all times.
- Ordering materials
- Booking subcontractors
- Show true leadership in motivating and training staff
- Ensuring a safe worksite is maintained in holding regular toolbox meetings and taking an active part in promoting a safe culture.
- Running regular toolbox meetings
- Getting to know suppliers, subcontractors and materials used
- Look for improvements in all things and suggest changes
- Help to build the business in a positive way, be accountable and hold team members including management accountable for their actions good and bad
Performance Goals (KPIs):
- Daily Reporting to PM by email and phone
- Submit weekly plan for the following week by 9am every Thursday
- Attend weekly Site Supervisor meeting via Teams or in Person at 9am every Thursday afternoon (20 mins max duration)
- Weekly submission to office of prestart checks, SWMS, and other site documentation
- Submit Daily Site Diary Entries in Procore (to be submitted by 4pm every day at the latest) including:
- Site photos
- Man hours
- Tool box and morning brief notes
- Man hours
- Brief description of works completed
- Projects delivered within budget and program restraints set by Management
- Keep Preventable lost time incidents to one hour a week (forgotten tools, supplies, fuel, poor planning etc)
- Do what is necessary to meet client expectations and meet PC date – ie some overtime or Saturday work may be necessary
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply