STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Network Engineer
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Network Engineer
Location : Sydney
Gateway Synergy is looking for a Network Engineer on behalf of our client in Sydney. Our client is a rapidly growing company in the Defence industry, with an urgent need for exceptional professionals
In this position you will be part of their Network team. You will be responsible for managing our cloud hosting technologies within a variety of security domains. You will be working with market leading infrastructure technologies and will be designing and recommending best of breed solutions both internally and direct to our customers.
What the company offers:
- Competitive salary and additional benefits.
- Training support
- flexible working conditions and a strong company cultur
The Network Engineer is responsible for the administration and maintenance of their data networking infrastructure. This architecture includes, but is not limited to, technologies like:
- Intrusion Prevention Systems; and
- VPN Concentrators.
Day-to-day operations include tasks such as monitoring and responding to alerts, managing customer queries and/or incidents to conclusion, as well as providing SME advice to both internal and external stakeholders.
Where directed, the Network Engineer will be appropriated into projects to perform tasks such as documentation, design and delivery of complex technical solution, or provide guidance aligned with their skillset.
- Monitor, respond and manage alerts generated by both human and automated sources.
- Monitor networking performance to ensure operations in accordance with the functional and non-functional requirements of the system.
- Actively identify areas where administrative or operational efficiencies can be gained.
- Assist customers in the design and development of solutions on the IaaS platform.
- Liaise with vendor technical support to resolve or mitigate bugs in software or hardware.
- Repair and replace hardware.
- Configure new devices in accordance with as-built documentation, architecture diagrams or business requirements.
- Upgrade or patch software as per the appropriate internal policies.
- Identify potential outages resultant from proposed tasks and work through the notification process to advise affected parties.
- Create reports based on service uptime, resource utilisation, security events, and other common key metrics.
- Participate and contribute to the organisation of company commercial and social events.
- Comply with their Policies and Procedures
Skills required Essential
- Familiarity with common networking protocols and applications such as TCP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, TLS, and DNS.
- Experience installing, configuring, and cabling physical networking infrastructure like routers and switches.
- Knowledge of conceptual models like OSI or TCP/IP and their application in tasks such as troubleshooting and system design.
- Familiarity with other common IT technologies like operating systems, databases, hypervisors, automation, and cloud computing and their dependencies on networking infrastructure.
- Awareness of Industry certification frameworks such as ISO27001 or the Australian Government Information Security Manual and their application on networking infrastructure.
- Ability to obtain and analyse information from varying sources and rationalise conclusions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adjust tone and/or language to suit the audience.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies.
- Ability to foster productive working relationships with colleagues, vendors, partners, and customers.
- Able to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to adapt to changes within the workplace and organisational priorities.
- High degree of enthusiasm in the networking field and confidence to take the initiative on projects or incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Relevant Industry certification from organisations such as Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto, VMWare, Redhat, ISC, Microsoft, CompTIA etc
This is a security assessed position. The successful candidate must hold or have the ability to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 clearance or higher.
The role may require national travel, overnight stays and liaison with partners and suppliers.
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply