STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Software – Developer
Contract or Temp
Position : Mainframe Applications Developer
Location : ACT
Outstanding opportunity for a driven professional to join a government department in an IT capacity. A passionate, driven professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed. The department is seeking an experienced Mainframe Applications Developer to support the Team Leader in the day-to-day development, maintenance, enhancement, and support of applications in the department’s ICT environment within the IT Solutions Section of the Digital Technology Branch, including participating in section planning for short term tasks and contributing to strategic planning for longer term initiatives.
The role is responsible for undertaking work that is moderately complex to complex and/or sensitive in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise and knowledge in designing software applications to meet the department’s needs.
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Apply expertise to enhance and improve existing software, including designing, developing, implementing and testing software systems, in line with business requirements and software development standards.
- In collaboration with other teams, investigate and resolve issues with the operation of an application.
- Address errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Perform revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Provide a high standard of technical and design documentation.
- Assist in the development of specialist and/or technical expertise to less experienced and more junior developers.
- Contribute to project progress reporting and comply with governance processes.
- Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals.
- Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
- Contribute to doctrine, election preparation and delivery activities in accordance with the election readiness framework, according to individual accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
The candidate requirements
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in the design and development software solutions.
- Knowledge and experience in successfully setting priorities and delivering quality results on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations across a geographically dispersed network.
- Proven analytical abilities with the ability to propose and facilitate change and contribute to business improvement strategies.
- Demonstrated personal integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and policy parameters.
- Relevant qualifications in information technology.
- Develops and maintains high quality, robust and scalable enterprise level software solutions using ADABAS Natural.
- Knowledge of, or ability to, quickly gain knowledge of Australian electoral law and practice.
- Knowledge of, or ability to, quickly gain knowledge of the Commonwealth frameworks, including ICT frameworks.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply