IT & Telecomms / System Administration
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Microsoft Engineer
Location : Sydney
Gateway Synergy is looking for a Microsoft Engineer on behalf of our client. Our client is a rapidly growing company in the Defence industry, with an urgent need for exceptional professionals.
They are located all over the East Coast and are interested in offering flexible work arrangements for highly qualified individuals interested in growing with them.
This role is responsible for managing Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server Standard Operating Environment (SOE) within a variety of security domains. Working with market leading infrastructure technologies, designing and recommending best of breed solutions both internally and direct to customers.
To be successful in this role, you need to be “hands on”, possess exceptional troubleshooting skills and have a great attitude towards achieving outstanding results.
- To be the Design Authority for the company Active Directory Forest and continually seek opportunities for improvement
- Configuration and monitoring of the Active Directory Forest
- Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade of company’s Microsoft Windows Servers
- Create and maintain Windows Server hardening guides to include but not limited to the cyber.gov Essential Eight Maturity Model
- Group Policy Administration, Application and Administration hardening
- Troubleshoot AD, DNS, DHCP and LDAP issues
- Ensure that company is compliant with Microsoft Licensing demands
- Multifactor Authentication methods
- Creation and maintaining of Windows Server templates to improve the efficiency of other areas of the business
- Ensure that Windows Servers are compliant with latest release of security and OS patching
- Monitor, respond and manage alerts generated by both human and automated sources.
- Monitor performance to ensure operations in accordance with the functional and non functional requirements of the system.
- Actively identify areas where administrative or operational efficiencies can be gained.
- Using common communication mediums like phones, email, or instant messaging, assist both internal and external clients or customers diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve incidents or service requests.
- Utilise the corporate collaboration and issue tracking applications to manage all aspects of day-to-day tasks, including but not limited to incident and change management, service requests, and projects; including time spent on tasks.
- Meet or exceeded all SLAs as they pertain to incidents or service requests.
- Assist customers in the design and development of solutions on the company IaaS platform.
- Identify potential outages resultant from proposed tasks and work through the notification process to advise affected parties.
- Create reports based on service uptime, resource utilisation, security events, and other common key metrics.
- Comply with company Policies and Procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory including Domain Controller upgrades
- Experience with Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, SSO etc
- Experience with protocols such as DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NFS, SMB and CIFS.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting, Certificates and PKI
- Office 365, SCCM, WSUS, Windows Server 2016 / 2019 / 2022
- Familiarity with other common IT technologies like operating systems, databases, hypervisors, automation, and cloud computing and their dependencies on networking infrastructure.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with logging solutions from a monitoring as well as a security perspective
- Ability to obtain and analyse information from varying sources and rationalise conclusions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adjust tone and/or language to suit the audience.
- Ability to foster productive working relationships with colleagues, partners, and customers.
- Able to work both independently and within a team.
- Awareness of Industry certification frameworks such as ISO27001 or the Australian Government Information Security Manual and their application on networking infrastructure.
- Infrastructure as code utilising Packer / Terraform / Kubernetes
- Familiarity with project management methodologies.
- Familiar with VMware virtualisation
- Familiar with Identity Provider (IdP) services
What the company offers:
- Competitive salary and additional benefits
- Employee development support available
- Flexible working conditions (Hybrid/WFH/Remote arrangements possible)
This is a security assessed position. The successful candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 clearance or higher.
The role may require national travel, overnight stays and liaison with partners and suppliers.
“OPENING THE GATEWAY BETWEEN TALENT & OPPORUNITY”
Should you be interested please apply online. Please feel free to contact Josh on 0427 870 585 only after online submission for any enquiries. If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at:
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply