STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
Transport / Logistics / Drivers / Purchasing
Contract or Temp
Position : ICT Procurement Support Officer
Location : ACT
Outstanding opportunity for a driven professional to join a government department in a procurement capacity. A passionate, driven professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed. As the successful candidate you will assist with supporting and accurately administering ICT procurement activities within the organisation.
This includes drafting and preparing procurement document packs and obtaining necessary approvals in accordance with Departmental procurement policy and legislation; liaising with relevant staff and other procurement stakeholders, to efficiently and cooperatively progress procurement activities; maintaining an overview of concurrent procurement activities and appropriately forecasting and prioritising work effort.
The ICT Procurement Support Officer will be confident with task coordination, communication and maintaining ‘dashboards’ or similar artefacts to support briefing, decision making and record keeping. This includes ensuring staff have appropriate information and defensible audit records regarding current and historic procurement activities.
About the role
The contractor will be engaged on a time and material basis. Notwithstanding, the following tasks and required skills to achieve them for the duration of this engagement are:
- In consultation with the department’s Program Management, engineering and work streams, manage acquisition and disposal of the department’s configuration items (both software and hardware).
- Prepare and draft relevant procurement documentation to support both simple and complex ICT Hardware/Software procurements.
- Collate, organise and present current and predicted procurement activity data from across the LNIC to support organisational decisions, both regarding budgeting and work prioritisation, and to inform procurement activity forecast planning.
- Create and maintain the software asset management register including the responsibility to manage physical asset returns on departure of the department’s resources.
- Provide assistance to the department’s Business Intelligence Manager for non-material procurement as required.
- Liaise confidently with internal stakeholders regarding procurement activities and work collaboratively to support efficient work processes.
- Other duties as directed by the Director, Deputy Director and Business Intelligence Manager.
The candidate requirements
- Minimum of Procurement & Contract Management Diploma or related Degree required;
- Demonstrated experience as an ICT Procurement Support Officer, or similar role;
- Demonstrated experience delivering procurement support to executive level staff in a Government Department;
- Experience with IT Service Management Frameworks, such as ITIL;
- Experience in Software Asset Management;
- Sound skills in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Highly effective written skills to support documentation and communication requirements; and
- Ability to work effectively in an agile team environment.
Desirable skills and experience
- Formally trained in, or has practical experience in the Defence Change Management Process; and
- Previous Defence experience in a similar role would be highly regarded.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply