STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Software – Developer
Contract or Temp
Position : Security Engineer – Developer – Canberra
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for experienced Security Engineer – Developer contractors with federal government experience. The Security Engineer/Developer should have experience in design and implementation of cyber security monitoring and reporting services, specifically with regards to secure gateway operations and configuration of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) services. Skills and experience in IBM QRadar, network gateways and the Mitre Att&ck and Mitre D3fend frameworks are preferred. Provide security analysis of the current state, report options and recommendations, and specify an uplift and enhancement program for the reporting of cyber metrics to Customers of the Services Australia Shared Services Gateway.
Primary Technologies: QRadar, Secure Internet Gateways, Network security devices
Services to be provided include, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for delivery of optimal cyber security solutions
- Oversee the design, installation and operation of security
- Monitoring and reporting processes and solutions
- Provide broad technical support and design services for project
- Build, test and solution deployments for security solutions and controls
- Liaise with the infrastructure, cyber security and gateway teams in the design, procurement and deployment of secure platform and network solutions and services
- Oversee the adoption and operation of resilient security solutions
- Drive innovation, continuous improvement and manage and lead change in security solutions
- Collaborate with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve project outcomes
- Oversee and prepare a range of technical documentation and reports for information and cyber security solutions
- Demonstrated experience and success with design and implementation of gateway and network security monitoring solutions in large complex environments, including specialist knowledge of SIEM configuration, SOC operations and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in the configuration and deployment of IBM QRadar, use case development and associated reporting capabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry Cyber Security frameworks, best practices and standards including the Mitre Att&ck and D3fend frameworks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of security solutions using Federal Government information security policy (i.e. Information Security Manual, Protective Security Policy Framework) and the ACSCs Cyber Security principles and guidelines.
What the role offers
- $1000-$2000/day contracting rate for the right candidate
- 5 month contracting role and a possible 2 x 6 month extension
- A fun, collaborative and productive team.
- Majority of work is required to be undertaken in Services Australia’s offices, but some flexible working arrangements will be considered.
- Below the line role
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0485 835 308
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply