STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Software – Developer
Contract or Temp
Position : Knowledgebase Author
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for highly experienced Knowledgebase Author contractor for a government department.
The Role:The Knowledgebase Author supports the Knowledgebase Manager in the development and implementation of knowledge management tools and processes through identifying, creating, representing and distributing information on problems, incidents and requests within the department’s Service Operations Section of the Digital Technology Branch, including participating in section planning for short term tasks and work area planning for longer term initiatives.
The role is responsible for undertaking work that is moderately complex and/or sensitive in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise and knowledge within the area of service management.
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the Knowledgebase including systems, tools, resources, artefacts, and training modules for service desk staff and the department’s staff, knowledgebase policies, and processes in alignment with the ITIL framework.
- Managing knowledgebase content throughout the documentation lifecycle, including document creation, review, implementation, upkeep, reviews, responses to feedback, and managing topics; including general operations of the knowledgebase space involving creating and modifying document workflows, identifying content owners, and reviewing expiring or ageing documentation.
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation and service management system design specifications; and the documentation of new processes in consultation with business representatives, Subject Matter Experts, and other specialists.
- Research knowledge management requirements and tools and advise on their applicability in the department’s environment and their projects.
- Provide analysis on complex issues and contribute to the management, preparation and coordination of policy formulation and/or project management.
- Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals. In addition, represent the agency by promoting it’s interests in various forums.
- Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
- Contribute to doctrine, election preparation and delivery activities in accordance with the election readiness framework, according to individual accountabilities, milestones and responsibilities.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
- Understanding in the application of the ITIL framework and its relationship with service and knowledge management.
- Understanding of applying service and knowledge management practices across an organisation and within a knowledgebase.
- Knowledge and experience in documenting service desk support artefacts and tools for clients, and maintaining a knowledgebase.
- Knowledge and experience in successfully setting priorities and delivering quality results on time.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst responding to stakeholder needs and expectations across a geographically dispersed network.
- Proven analytical abilities with the ability to facilitate change and contribute to business improvement strategies.
- Demonstrated personal integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and policy parameters.
- Experience with ServiceNow or similar ITSM toolset.
- Minimum 3 years experience in service desk support, knowledgebase development, or similar
What the role offers:
- Up to $2000/day contracting rate for the right candidate
- 4 month initial contract with a possible 6 month extension
- A fun, collaborative and productive team
- Below the line role
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply