STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
Engineering / Project Management
Contract or Temp
Position : Guided Weapon Engineer
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for highly experienced Guided Weapon Engineer contractors for a government agency. An exciting opportunity is open for various roles for a rapidly growing project. Be part of a team that makes meaningful changes and improves Australian lives.
Joining the Underwater Weapons Integrated Project Team (IPT) as a GW Engineer in Canberra, your pivotal role contributes to the advancement of the Advanced Lightweight Torpedo (ALWT) capability. This weapon system has already garnered Gate 0/1 Government Approval and is primed for progression to Gate 2 within the next 12-36 months. Your mission is to facilitate the seamless progression of ALWT, enabling its transition to operational service and ensuring that Australia’s unique requirements are effectively integrated into its development.
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Provide critical technical expertise to drive the Advanced Lightweight Torpedo (ALWT) weapon capability forward. Your responsibilities encompass multifaceted support, from meticulous technical analysis of Cooperative Program data to logistics and risk management. You will negotiate acquisition contracts, ensuring their alignment with post-Gate 2 objectives. The role demands a keen involvement in integration plans, documentation preparation, and data support to platforms. Your adept stakeholder management skills come into play, ensuring that all relevant entities are well-informed and aligned. Additionally, your role extends to contributing to crucial decision-making processes by providing well-prepared plans, documentation, and support to executive and government committees.
- Relevant qualifications in Engineering or related fields and more than 2 years of relevant industry experience.
- Your expertise lies in the domain of specialist engineering, particularly in the realm of guided weapons engineering.
- Capable of handling various facets of technical analysis, contract negotiation, logistics support, and stakeholder management.
- NV1 security clearance essential.
What the role offers:
- Up to $2000/day contracting rate for the right candidate
- A collaborative, supportive and productive team to ensure the success of vital Defence projects
- Contribution to essential Defence initiatives
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply