STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Business Analyst
Contract or Temp
Position : Business Analyst
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for highly experienced Business Analyst contractor for a government department. The business analyst sits within the Projects Governance and Support team, within the ICT Services Branch. The Projects Governance and Support team are responsible for the successful delivery of a range of projects, enhancements to existing applications and business as usual (BAU) activities, and work collaboratively with each of the business areas within the department.
The department is looking for an experienced business analyst to join an established project team to identify, document and manage changes to both existing and new business processes and functionality. The successful candidate will also use their sound communication and interpersonal skills to work positively and effectively as a part of the department’s software delivery team.
Duties and Tasks:
Through experience, analytical and technical skills, the successful candidate will be able to:
- Rapidly gain an understanding of the department’s technical framework and capabilities;
- Work in partnership with the stakeholders to identify and gather requirements
- Work closely with the stakeholders to ensure requirements captured in team backlogs have sufficient detail and are prioritised appropriately.
- Provide advice to the business areas regarding the impact of new system components on business processes;
- Work closely with the team and project teams to ensure user requirements are well understood, solutions tested, technical issues recorded and tracked, changes implemented, and business objectives are met.
- Producing useful artefacts as required to assist the team to understand business requirements and design an appropriate solution, with a focus on lean, just-in-time documentation.
- Identify existing business practices that could be updated to provide improvements and efficiencies;
- Develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders across multiple streams to achieve common objectives.
- Facilitating workshops and other collaboration or research activities with internal stakeholders and external user groups to elicit requirements, identify pain points and opportunities for improvement.
- Take ownership and responsibility for work priorities, and work independently to contribute at both an individual and team level.
- Contribute to knowledge creation within the department, by adopting information practices, sharing knowledge, by embracing industry best practice and seeking development opportunities.
- Extensive business analysis knowledge and experience.
- Solid understanding and demonstration of practical application of agile principles and practices (industry qualifications are desirable but not essential).
- Confidence and experience in facilitating workshops and online (remote) collaboration.
- Experience producing analysis and project artefacts such as process maps, functional decomposition models, functional and non-functional requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment within multi-disciplinary product teams.
- Ability to think strategically and work collaboratively to gather business requirements and translate into deliverable packages.
- High level relationship management skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong and productive relationships within the agency.
- Excellent judgement, strong attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to piece the puzzle together to see the bigger picture.
The Ideal Candidate:
- We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong collaboration, analytical and problem solving skills with a focus on outcomes.
- You will have the ability to exercise initiative, show good judgement and be able to prioritise and respond quickly as priorities emerge.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, utilising a friendly and professional manner.
- You are a motivated individual with a strong work ethic.
- You will enjoy collaborating and building lasting relationships with stakeholders, and your ability to understand the needs of the business and provide solutions efficiently is crucial to your success.
- You must be committed to integrity and always comply with APS Values and government processes and procedures.
What the role offers:
- Up to $2000/day contracting rate for the right candidate
- A fun, collaborative and productive team.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply