STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Sales Exec / Account Manager
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Account Executive 300K OTE
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for a Account Executive on behalf of our client. Our client is a rapidly growing company in the Defence industry, with an urgent need for exceptional professionals.
They are located all over the East Coast and are interested in offering flexible work arrangements for highly qualified individuals interested in growing with them.
The Role & Requirements
In this position you will play an integral role in helping shape sales strategy, team culture and predominant voice of the highest profile market disruptor. The role will help drive the growth and shape the future of the business with direct impact on strategy, product development and corporate value. Your initial objectives will be to drive revenue, uptake and market penetration of State Government and Critical National Infrastructure in VIC, Australia. You will have a track record of securing new business for a disruptive technology-based service within a conservative compliance-driven marketplace.
- Meet and exceed sales goals (quotas) through prospecting, qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities within the assigned territory
- Negotiate, shape, administer, sell and close “deals” that meet customer expectations
- Create and execute effective territory plans to deliver sales objectives considering: overall opportunities, customer business priorities and anticipated business changes, our unique service capabilities, and value proposition
- ‘Know your number’ – provide regular and accurate reporting of pipeline and forecast through the CRM system
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system
- Prepare and give business reviews to the leadership team regarding progress and roadblocks to grow the business
- Drive customer success by developing and maintaining a deep understanding of customers’ business and industry challenges, market competition, competitive issues, compiling and analyzing data to find trends and products
- Deliver proactive customer engagement – mutually agreed business plans, ensuring relevant cross functional engagement and education of company services (hosting seminars, road map sessions), building proposals/innovative concepts and thought leadership
- Identify, nurture and expand new partnerships which will meet company’s growth expectations
- Champion company brand, services and capabilities; keeping abreast of Government (Federal and State) Policies & Strategies, Regulatory Requirements and competitive environment in which this operates
- Lead/leverage a matrix account team of Senior personnel, Marketing, Customer Success and Technical Professionals to develop and manage sales pipeline and enhance customer relationships and value
- Resolve customer challenges by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategic planning, sales training, customer marketing efforts, and customer care
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Handle a high volume of work and harness the fast pace of the ever-changing cloud computing market to achieve great personal success
- Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts
The candidate requirements
- At least 8 years’ experience in software, services or cloud solution sales
- Proven ability in solution selling and to close off new business
- Strong track record in achieving and/or exceeding targets set
- Extensive experience in working with State Government departments and/or the Critical National Infrastructure community
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or a related field.
- Excellent presentation, negotiation & interpersonal skills; must have ability to work effectively across internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and writing skills; ability to craft complex, innovative solutions and compelling propositions to deliver customer outcomes
- Positive sales professional with high energy “hunter” sales approach
- Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency, drive and follow through
- Well-connected with strong relationships with industry decision makers
- Maintain and advocate company Values, Accountability, Transparency, Continuous Improvement, Respect, Integrity and Respect at all times
What the company offers:
- Competitive salary and additional benefits
- Employee development support available
This is a security assessed position. The successful candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 clearance or higher.
The role may require national travel, overnight stays and liaison with partners and suppliers.
Should you be interested please apply online. Please feel free to contact Josh on 0427 870 585 only after online submission for any enquiries. If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at:
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply