IT & Telecomms / System Administration
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Virtualisation Engineer
Location : Sydney
Gateway Synergy is looking for a Virtualisation Engineer on behalf of our client. Our client is a rapidly growing company in the Defence industry, with an urgent need for exceptional professionals.
They are located all over the East Coast and are interested in offering flexible work arrangements for highly qualified individuals interested in growing with them.
The Role & Requirements
In this position you will be part of the Cloud Virtualisation team. You will be responsible for managing our cloud hosting technologies within a variety of security domains. You will be working with market leading infrastructure technologies and will be designing and recommending best of breed solutions both internally and direct to our customers.
- Monitor, respond and manage alerts generated by both human and automated sources.
- Monitor networking performance to ensure operations in accordance with the functional and non-functional requirements of the system.
- Actively identify areas where administrative or operational efficiencies can be gained.
- Assist customers in the design and development of solutions on the IaaS platform.
- Liaise with vendor technical support to resolve or mitigate bugs in software or hardware.
- Repair and replace hardware.
- Configure new devices in accordance with as-built documentation, architecture diagrams or business requirements.
- Upgrade or patch software as per the appropriate internal policies.
- Identify potential outages resultant from proposed tasks and work through the notification process to advise affected parties.
- Create reports based on service uptime, resource utilisation, security events, and other common key metrics.
- Participate and contribute to the organisation of company commercial and social events.
- Comply with Policies and Procedures
The candidate requirements
- VMware vSphere (ESXi hosts & vCenter) – build/configure/manage (5+ years)
- vRealize Suite Automation and Orchestration.
- Linux Centos/Ubuntu – build/manage/security compliance
- Skills required (four or more)
- VMware vSphere 6.7+
- VMware NSX
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager
- VMware Auto Deploy
- VMware vRealize LogInsight
- VMware vRealize Suite 8.x
- Linux Administration
- VMware vCloud Usage Meter
- VMware vCloud Director 10
- Cisco UCS
What the company offers:
- Competitive salary and additional benefits
- Employee development support available
- Flexible working conditions (Hybrid/WFH/Remote arrangements possible)
This is a security assessed position. The successful candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 clearance or higher.
The role may require national travel, overnight stays and liaison with partners and suppliers.
“OPENING THE GATEWAY BETWEEN TALENT & OPPORUNITY”
Should you be interested please apply online. Please feel free to contact Josh on 0427 870 585 only after online submission for any enquiries. If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at:
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply