STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
Trades & Services / Mechanic / Automotive
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Vehicle Mechanic
Location : Adelaide
Our client is a highly established ASX-listed defence company with international reach. They have a strong internal team and great company culture, supporting their team of highly qualified professionals. As the company is expanding, they are currently looking for professionals to join their Adelaide and Brisbane team as a Vehicle Mechanic. This position reports to the Field Support Coordinator.
The Vehicle Mechanic is responsible for providing a high level of workmanship in the servicing, inspection, repair and maintenance of ASLAV, M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tank and M88/A2 vehicle platforms and for ensuring that workload demand is completed within the designated time frame and to the workshop manuals, quality, safety and environmental standards. The role includes (but not limited to):
- Conduct work in accordance with approved maintenance procedures.
- Service, inspection and maintenance in accordance with workshop manuals.
- Repairs – disassemble and reassemble vehicles and subassemblies in accordance with the details instructions contained in routing and technical drawings.
- Ensure the proper use of support and test equipment and that adequate materials are available and maintained for tasks and are kept in good working order.
- Assist with streamlining processes within the department for continuous improvement.
- Complete all quality documentation in accordance with production inspection record sheet and routing as directed.
- Comply with all company’s Policies and Procedures, Processes and Work Instructions.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Hold a Diesel or Heavy Vehicle Mechanic trade qualification.
- Demonstrate an ability to read drawing / routings.
- Must hold a current or have the ability to gain and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance – Baseline.
- Attend medical assessments as required to ascertain their ability to adequately perform all duties as required
- Have ASLAV and / or M1A1 MBT Platform qualifications and experience.
- HR Licence
Core competencies required for this role:
- Understands the impact of behavior on others; demonstrates behavior that has a positive impact on others, e.g. customer focused.
- Communicates with clarity & respect
- Demonstrates collaborative behaviours with a balanced accountability to self, peers & team.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with agility, innovation & creativity in the execution of their work
- Embraces diversity by ensuring that different perspectives, experiences & insights are considered.
- Work in accordance with company’s WHSE Policies, Plans, Procedures, Processes, SOP’s, JSEA’s, Risk Assessments and SDS requirements.
- Participate in the identification, assessment and management of WHSE risks.
- Communicate with supervisors and managers on WHSE improvement suggestions and ideas.
- Actively participate in WHSE discussions and seek clarification where WHSE issues are not clearly understood.
- Comply with all reasonable WHSE directives.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply