IT & Telecomms / Software – Analyst/Programmer
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Site Reliability Engineer
Location : Sydney
Gateway Synergy is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer on behalf of our client. Our client is a rapidly growing company in the Defence industry, with an urgent need for exceptional professionals.
They are located all over the East Coast and are interested in offering flexible work arrangements for highly qualified individuals interested in growing with them.
In this position you will be responsible for the automation of all manual tasks for the building and deployment of applications and infrastructure releases for all Development and Infrastructure teams, improving reliability and performance of software systems and infrastructure and working with cross-functional teams to build and improve software, services and development production readiness and maturity.
- Follow company Development and SRE processes and standards.
- Work with Development and Infrastructure teams to automate applications and infrastructure solutions.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting SRE best practices.
- Support and improve continuous integration, and release and deployment processes using cutting-edge container, virtualization and automation techniques.
- Conduct performance tuning and capacity planning activities across all environment infrastructure.
- Automate developer operations and processes where possible.
- Develop, maintain and optimise automated deployment code for development, test, staging and production environments.
- Implement and manage monitoring and health checks for infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues involving development, test, staging and production environments.
- Troubleshoot and quickly resolve escalated software and infrastructure related issues and challenges.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Experience using and configuring continuous integration tools like Gitlab, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible or Puppet
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Complete confidence in using the Linux command line interface
- Understanding and efficiency in collaboration and open communication
- Experience in automating and streamlining operations and processes
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated and driven
- Experience working with at least one scripting language such as Bash, Per, Python, Ruby or NodeJS
- Knowledge of containerisation, specifically Docker
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools (Docker, Hashicorp Vault, Rancher, Gitlab, Vagrant, Ansible)
- Knowledge of microservice and service-oriented architecture
- Expertise in a container orchestration platform such as Docker Swarm, Rancher 1.6 and Kubernetes
- Expertise in designing and building secure Docker Images
- Expertise with database replication techniques and implementations
- Experience using and managing PKI environments
- Experience working with and designing secure, scalable and efficient architecture
- Knowledge of how to set up virtualization platforms – VMWare Suite (vCloud and vCenter), KVM
- Experience working with centralised logging
- Experience working BIND DNS
- Experience automating networking equipment
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, New Relic
- Expertise in configuration and management of database services such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra and Elasticsearch
What the company offers:
- Competitive salary and additional benefits
- Employee development support available
- Flexible working conditions (Hybrid/WFH/Remote arrangements possible)
This is a security assessed position. The successful candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 clearance or higher.
The role may require national travel, overnight stays and liaison with partners and suppliers.
“OPENING THE GATEWAY BETWEEN TALENT & OPPORUNITY”
Should you be interested please apply online. Please feel free to contact Josh on 0427 870 585 only after online submission for any enquiries. If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at:
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply