STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Help Desk / Support
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Service Desk Technician
Location : Brisbane
Gateway Synergy is looking for a Service Desk Technician on behalf of our client. Our client is a rapidly growing company in the Defence industry, with an urgent need for exceptional professionals.
The role of Service Desk Technician with our client is to work with the Service Delivery team to manage Customer enquiries and issues from receipt through to completion, and to gradually build the capability of the Service Desk.
The role is full-time permanent and is based in Canberra/Brisbane.
- To assist with receipt of Customer service calls and emails, assessing and escalating issues and processing cases
- To assist with the onboarding of new Customers into the system, working with the CSMs and Technical team to complete the work according to required timings
- To understand the background and requirements for the management of the following Service Desk elements – Incidents, Service Requests, Changes, Problems
- To conduct Level 1 support
- To work with Level 2/3 technical personnel to assist to resolve issues
- To maintain all Service Desk work in the Service Manager tool.
- To manage general task and issue management utilizing ServiceNow.
- Asset management through ServiceNow.
- To assist to maintain and improve the speed and quality of services by implementing and improving processes
- To document and maintain all Service Desk processes (Service Desk and Onboarding) in the Confluence document management system
- Have a basic understanding of the following concepts in order to be able to support systems:
- Information Security
- Network and Gateway
- Compute and Storage
- System monitoring
- Cloud computing
- To document Knowledge Articles and Processes in support of the Service Delivery function
- To assist the Change Action Board and the Change Manager as required
- To assist and / or lead internal committees set-up for the management of Workplace Health and Safety.
- To support other Team Members in the delivery of their projects.
- To assist with the coordination of project resources.
- To assist in the planning, preparation, and organisation of meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- To assist with the preparation of meeting notes and management of meeting actions and decisions.
- To liaise with a range of internal and external clients to achieve effective outcomes for the Team.
- To deal with sensitive and/or classified information in an appropriate manner.
- Sound knowledge of OHS and Environmental requirements in the workplace.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a Service Desk front line role, ideally in Cloud Services.
- Experience in liaising with Customers in a supportive manner as required in the solution of issues.
- Empathy with the Customer issues and requirements.
- A proactive solution-focused approach with Customers.
- Ability to document Processes and Knowledge articles.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Experience with Support Desk applications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Administration of Office 365 desirable.
- Previous experience with ServiceNow desirable.
- Ability to follow required work procedure in a methodical manner.
- Ability to work with the team and undertake tasks with which you may not be familiar.
- Ability to train others in support of the overall support delivery.
- Resourcefulness and ability to establish proactive, productive working relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, often within tight timeframes.
- Ability to overcome obstacles and problem solve issues.
- Delivery of high-quality products and outputs.
- Timely reporting planned and current activities, issues and dependencies.
- An understanding of ITIL and customer service principles would be highly regarded.
- Some qualification or leadership experience in technology or service delivery would be advantageous.
- Ability to attain a minimum Baseline Federal Government security clearance.
- NV1 clearance desirable.
“OPENING THE GATEWAY BETWEEN TALENT & OPPORUNITY”
Should you be interested please apply online. Please feel free to contact Anastasia on 0292384200 only after online submission. If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at:
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply