STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
Engineering / Civil / Structural / Design
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Senior Remedial Engineer
Location : Sydney
A waterproofing design and testing services company with head office in Sydney focused on quality control and compliance in the installation of waterproofing applications. Our client provides compliance consultation and onsite testing services on new construction projects and in existing building assets. Our client is a dynamic company with great company culture, providing a wonderful working experience for their employees.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Senior Remedial Engineer to join our client’s team in Sydney. As the Senior Remedial Engineer you will take primary responsibility for the remedial engagements of the client company, looking at ways to expand the business offering and engagement in this sector. You will apply and develop your knowledge and experience to provide our clients with advice, design creation and reports on a range of waterproofing related design, compliance, material and construction scenarios. Communicating with designers, developers, builders, asset owners and subcontractors to provide a combination of on-site and off-site services you will ensure that waterproofing works are designed and executed in compliance with NCC, Australian Standards and best practice requirements.
The role includes (but not limited to):
- Apply knowledge and expertise to diagnose deterioration and support
development of scopes for appropriate remedial action
- Review and prepare design documentation on nominated projects
- Oversee the develop reports for design and material selection compliance.
- Attend and contribute to workshop meetings for construction projects during both design and construction phases
- Preparation of performance solutions and other compliance documentation
- Provide verbal and written advice on waterproofing compliance with Australian Standards, National Construction Code and best practice guides.
- Oversight and development of staff in the remedial department
- Allocate time to networking and professional development, follow-up clients and industry professionals
- Involvement in critical business strategy and decision making that will define the future of the company
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Architecture, Building Design, Engineering or similar.
- Registered Design Practitioner is preferred (architectural, structural, facade)
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant design experience
- Knowledge of buildings codes (NCC/BCA), Australian Standards, and relevant best practice guides
- Experience in a senior architectural is highly desirable.
- Experience with construction waterproofing and interfacing building elements
- Construction OHS Certificate (White Card), or commitment to attain one
- Proven ability in managing projects, dealing with clients, consultants, team members and other relevant stakeholders
The successful applicant will:
- Be positive, trustworthy, honest and ethical.
- Have a proactive approach to resolving queries and problems.
- Ability to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement in our services and internal processes and the ability to impart your ideas.
- The ability to listen to people, evaluate a scenario and make informed and considered decisions.
- Maintain a consistent level of professionalism and energetic attitude.
- Be engaged with the continued growth and development of the business.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply