STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / IT Security
Contract or Temp
Position : Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Location : ACT
Outstanding opportunity for a driven professional to join a government department in an IT capacity. A passionate, driven professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed. The department is seeking an experienced Cyber Security Engineer to assist with the following deliverables:
- Develop and document detection and alerting use cases specific to the Department’s IT environment and threat model.
- Implement and tune custom detections and analytics rules based on developed use cases in Microsoft 365 Defender and Microsoft Sentinel.
- Develop knowledge articles, playbooks and procedures to support incident response activities based on use cases and the Department’s IT environment.
- Collaborate with security engineers, infrastructure teams, system owners, and application development teams to develop and implement system-specific security monitoring approaches.
- Determine and drive team priorities, including implementation of toolsets and ingestion of log sources, to improve capability.
- Lead major and critical incident response investigations.
- Action escalated and complex security alerts and incidents.
- Mentor and lead other Cyber Security Analysts within the team.
- Provide advice and support to the Director, Cyber Operations and Executives as required.
The candidate requirements
- Demonstrated experience as a Senior Cyber Security Analyst working in Security Operations Centre, including detection engineering and incident response responsibilities.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in Microsoft Sentinel and Defender products, including responding to alerts and incidents and developing custom detections and analytics rules
- Demonstrated experience in working with and investigating security log from different platforms and devices
- Demonstrated experience in strengthening the maturity of a SOC.
- Experience facilitating incident response simulations.
- Experience utilising threat intelligence services and tools to inform detection engineering and enrich alerts and incidents
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply