STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Project Management / Team Lead
Contract or Temp
Position : Program Manager
Location : ACT
Outstanding opportunity for a driven professional to join a government department. A passionate, driven professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed. The department is seeking experienced Program Managers to work within the scope and delivery requirements set by the Program Leadership, guiding the Program team and ensuring alignment to the overall Program endorsed strategic direction. There is an expectation that this role will work closely with the department’s leadership to ensure the program delivers the desired outcomes. There is a large focus on fostering a positive environment within the Program overall and the ability to maintain open and honest communication and collaboration.
The Program Managers will be required to:
- Cultivate and maintain strategic relationships with the business and colleagues in other government agencies.
- Be responsive to changing business requirements and ensure the program delivers value aligned to business needs.
- Lead and facilitate the planning and implementation of the assigned program and project deliverables through reasonable consultation and collaboration.
- Management of allocated program/project resources to execute deliverables to ensure all program requirements are met.
- Execute the program through the effective identification and resolution of issues, management of identified and emerging risks, and understanding of required business outcomes.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and Agency Executive to highlight program and project successes, risk factors and provide solutions as required.
- Oversee, drive and engage in the coordination of day-to-day activities in alignment with the program scope and deliverables.
- Lead, support, mentor and enable program/project staff in their professional development within the program/project context.
- Deliver the program/project in line with the department’s methodologies.
- Work with the Program Office to develop reporting templates and cadence to ensure the effective communication of program/project status and allow for early risk management as required.
- Strategically manage vendor relationships and ensure vendors deliver against their contractual obligations.
- Define and drive the program/project schedule in consultation with the department’s executive, Program leadership, and program/project management colleagues.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
The candidate requirements
- Proven leadership experience in Agile delivery with the ability to communicate effectively and all levels of Government.
- Proven experience applying Agile methodologies within a Government setting.
- Demonstrated experience assisting organisations to transition from traditional project and program management methodologies to Agile ways of working.
- Demonstrated experience in a government setting delivering projects within a modernisation or transformation program of work.
- Significant experience in managing and delivering 5+ programs/projects concurrently.
- Previous experience in defining and managing key performance indicators within program/project teams and delivering successful programs with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in delivering high quality written communication including Executive briefings at SES levels.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering projects within a commercial construct, including contract negotiation and performance monitoring.
- Experience and willingness to work within a multidisciplinary team that places a core emphasis on culture and is highly collaborative.
- Agile or scrum certification
- Strong experience with project methodologies and tools specifically DevOps and MS Project or other industry standards. Tertiary and/or Professional Qualifications within the Project Management, Business Management or Public Administration sectors
- Knowledge of, or ability to, quickly gain knowledge of Australian electoral law and practice.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply