STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / IT Security
Contract or Temp
Position : Patching Coordinator
Location : ACT
Outstanding opportunity for a driven professional to join a government department in an IT capacity. A passionate, driven professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed.
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Working as part of a small team to manage the assurance and integrity of systems
- Implementing cyber security related patches for the department’s applications and operating systems based on urgency and applicability
- Liaising with Cyber Security and Third-Party Vendors for the implementation of required patches
- Contributing to the documentation of the department’s systems
- Participating and coordinating regular scanning and testing of the ICT environment.
- Other duties as directed by the relevant hiring manager
The candidate requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in patching, testing, and
maintaining an enterprise sized ICT environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in identifying, and documenting, components of systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage work hours and schedules to support
maintenance activities around core business hours.
- Sound knowledge and experience in successfully managing and delivering results within time restraints and with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management principles and processes in context of security patch management.
- Knowledge and experience in cyber security assurance, including
assurance activities and reporting with respect to the Australian Cyber Security Centre’s (ACSC) Essential Eight (E8) and associated E8 Maturity Model.
- Ability to communicate with influence and manage stakeholder
- Proven conceptual and analytical abilities with sound knowledge of change management practices and techniques to enable innovation.
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and budget parameters.
- Relevant qualifications in IT assurance, cyber security or similar.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT frameworks, such as ITIL and TOGAF
- Demonstrated knowledge of Commonwealth frameworks, including the PSPF
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply