STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
Transport / Logistics / Drivers / Planning
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Demand Planner
Location : Sydney
An international company that specialises in the production of functional furniture fittings. The company’s main product groups are lift mechanisms, hinges and drawer systems for furniture – in particular, kitchen furniture.
Our client boasts a great company culture that focuses on its employees.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Demand Planner to join our client’s team in Sydney. As the Demand Planner you will work closely with the client company’s supply chain team and will lead the forecasting and demand planning functions. The Demand Planner is also responsible for delivering an accurate demand plan to meet customer requirements and optimum inventory levels.
- Perform general administration duties as required within the role.
- Maintain various files, records and documents for the purpose of logistics activities.
- Effectively communicate with participants and ensure proper meeting organisation. Follow up on required actions.
- Working with various stakeholders at the local, regional, and global level, lead the forecasting process for the company, ensuring business goals are met.
- Close collaboration with BAU, distributors, salespeople, marketing and other stakeholders to gather information on events that could affect demand, such as promotions and production delays.
- Liaise, discuss and plan with the Supply Chain Manager and relevant Sales Manager/s on stock management requirements to meet expected customer demand.
- Provide continual analysis on ordering requirements to the business, Supply Chain, Marketing and Sales teams.
- Plan, develop and implement processes and procedures on business inventory management thus ensuing industry best practice.
- Conduct statistical analysis of sales, inventory and other data.
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities.
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies.
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Utilising SAP IBP, develop effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns.
- Communicate, coach and advise key internal and external stakeholders towards required forecasting standards. Review forecasts and analyse areas for constant improvement and provide feedback where required.
- Play a key role with internal and external stakeholders regarding communicating Supply Chain issues and topics. Work towards optimal solutions for both customers and company.
- Constantly examine areas to improve the management of stock for new product lines. Provide recommendations as required to the business.
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy.
- Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management.
- Conduct periodic forecast maintenance, including adjusting as necessary.
- Data input into various demand planning systems, as required. Reporting and Communication
- Develop and constantly improve reports in relation to Demand Planning. Identify opportunities for additional reports.
- Provide advice to the business and management on Demand Planning reporting requirements.
- Present reports to stakeholders ensuring enough complimentary analysis is provided to enable informed decision making.
General Business Support
- Build effective working relationships with distributors. Coach and advise key internal stakeholders towards required forecasting standards. Review forecasts and analyse areas for constant improvement and provide feedback where required.
- Ensure optimal customer service standards are provided to all stakeholders.
- Brief and communicate with Team Members during meetings.
- Lead by example and model appropriate leadership and workplace behaviours.
- Mentor and motivate team members in all aspects of demand planning by demonstrating processes and procedures.
- Provide Team Members with feedback in an effective and encouraging manner. Ensure aligned persons and teams operate with a personal and professional developmental approach.
- Monitor Team Member performance. Provide appropriate feedback to Team Member’s and ensure optimal performance that aligns with the company’s objectives.
- Communicate with clear instructions to direct reports. Maintain effective working relationships and build rapport.
- Provide ongoing training to Team Members. Monitor the team to ensure the training provided is being put into use. See if any additional training is needed and follow up as required.
- Seek and listen to Team Member feedback. Facilitate problem solving & collaboration. Where relevant, pass feedback onto the Supply Chain Manager.
- Organise and execute the recruitment and training of new Team Members.
- Upon advice from HR, conduct performance management meetings as required and to agreed standards.
- Develop, nurture and maintain business relationship with relevant stakeholders.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure they are communicated and implemented.
- Adhere to company health and safety guidelines, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
- Be available to travel nationally and internationally as required to satisfy job requirements.
- Provide training, coaching and support to the wider business on matters related to the job role.
- Provide advice on systems and procedures relating to the job role.
- Any other duties or responsibilities as delegated by the Supply Chain Manager from time to time.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Well-developed inter-personal skills and strong negotiating skills gained from a similar workplace environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Skills.
- A strong critical thinking and analytical ability with exceptional attention to detail.
- Previous experience in SAP and Business Objects is preferred but not expected.
- Ability to multi-task in a role that is demanding at times.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills.
- Proven experience demand planning and/or forecasting role.
- Extensive business reporting experience.
- Qualifications in logistics or relevant fields.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0485 835 307
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply