STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / System Administration
Contract or Temp
Position : Infrastructure Engineer
Location : ACT
Outstanding opportunity for a driven professional to join a government department in an IT capacity. A passionate, driven professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed. The department is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to focus on managing and improving the department’s system infrastructure, such as on-premises server and storage systems, multi-cloud infrastructure primarily in Microsoft Azure but may include Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud computing services, Office 365 applications, the department’s Standard Operating Environments, and end user device management (Microsoft Intune).
The position reports to the Assistant Director, Server Team. In this role you will be working within the infrastructure team, to deliver positive outcomes for the day-to-day matters relating to the support of the department’s systems. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the delivery of the department’s events and day to day operations through an improved maturity of the systems.
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Work effectively across teams to provide systems expertise to enhance and improve existing solutions, including designing, developing, implementing, and testing solutions, in line with business requirements and software development standards.
- Support and maintain the department’s Standard Operating Environments and end user device management.
- Ensure deadlines are consistently met and that a high standard of technical and design documentation is provided.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to investigate and resolve complex issues with the operation of infrastructure and infrastructure as code.
- Contributing to the documentation of the department’s systems.
- Contribute to providing On-call support for the department’s infrastructure and systems.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time or during an event.
The candidate requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in implementing enterprise IT solutions based on-premises and utilising cloud services.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in deploying, testing, and maintaining an enterprise sized ICT environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management principles and processes in context of Infrastructure management.
- Demonstrated experience with managing and migrating solution infrastructure to the Azure platform.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels and influence key stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate with influence and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and budget parameters.
- Relevant qualifications in IT, including cloud certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of Australian IT Cyber security frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT frameworks, such as ITIL and TOGAF
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Commonwealth frameworks, including ICT frameworks
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply