IT & Telecomms / Software – Developer
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Full Stack Developer
Location : Melbourne
Gateway Synergy is looking for a Fullstack Developer on behalf of our client. Our client is a rapidly growing company in the Defence industry, with an urgent need for exceptional professionals.
They are located all over the East Coast and are interested in offering flexible work arrangements for highly qualified individuals interested in growing with them.
In this position you will assist the existing software engineering team in building and enhancing the automation and orchestration platforms, helping to further drive the evolution of our platform while progressing your skills and experience as a software engineer.
Working in a fast-paced environment, you will be challenged and supported by some of the most talented engineers with years of experience to share, mentoring opportunities and an open collaborative engineering culture.
The role reports directly to the Lead Backend Developer and whilst primarily based in Brisbane, remote within Australia is also available to the right candidate(s).
- Design, develop and maintain API (Application Programming Interface), worker, and UI microservices for our internal and client facing automation and orchestration platforms.
- Develop and maintain our in-house component driven UI library.
- Develop thoroughly tested code (TDD) following best practices.
- Progress your skills and experience through mentoring, hackathons, spike days and collaboration.
- Help drive the evolution of our automation and orchestration platforms.
- Enhance and progress already existing services.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues involving development, staging and production environments.
- Ensure your knowledge of the software development industry is up to date and relevant through, for example, networking, undertaking related research and reading relevant blogs and news sources.
- Contribute to industry events and forums as required.
- Share knowledge, insight, best practice, and ideas with the Engineering Teams and within the organisation more broadly.
- Actively contribute to technical related articles and blogs.
- Maintain and contribute to innovation and research projects that support tpriorities.
- Explore and evaluate new and emerging engineering tools, processes, and technologies relevant to innovating and evolving the platforms.
- Intermediate or senior level software developer
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Ruby
- Strong understanding of OOP
- Highly self-motivated and driven
- Ability to analyze and solve problems efficiently
- Effective communication and effective collaboration skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Experience with Test Driven Development and high code coverage
- Knowledge of JSON, CSV and other data interchange formats
- Experience with containerization, specifically Docker and Docker Swarm
- Experience building microservice and service-orientated architecture applications.
- Experience building APIs (Application Programming Interface) and workers with non-Rails frameworks, such as Grape, bare-bones Rack, Sinatra etc.
- Experience with VMWare vCloud Director and vCenter APIs (Application Programming Interface)
- Experience building components as either Ruby Gems or NodeJS packages.
- Experience developing workers for Sidekiq
- Experience building Docker images
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with Gitlab
What the company offers:
- Competitive salary and additional benefits
- Employee development support available
- Flexible working conditions (Hybrid/WFH/Remote arrangements possible)
This is a security assessed position. The successful candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 clearance or higher.
The role may require national travel, overnight stays and liaison with partners and suppliers.
“OPENING THE GATEWAY BETWEEN TALENT & OPPORUNITY”
Should you be interested please apply online. Please feel free to contact Josh on 0427 870 585 only after online submission for any enquiries. If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at:
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply