STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Systems Integration
Contract or Temp
Position : SOE Integration Engineer
Location : ACT
Outstanding opportunity for a driven professional to join a government department in an IT capacity. A passionate, driven professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed. As the successful candidate you will conduct capability development, as well as design, build, maintenance and configuration control tasks. This is inclusive of capability development and configuration control tasks of software integration and SOE deployment design (including scripting, build automation, application packaging).
This position requires a combination of disciplines including technical hands-on communications engineering, innovation, test and evaluation, and documentation. As a technical subject matter expert within a small team you will also be expected to contribute to the design of deployable solutions, data centre and/or network integration solutions, as well as review project design documentation and provide advice on integration across the department’s interfaces.
About the role
The following activities and deliverables are envisaged during the term of this engagement:
- Leverage Automation & Orchestration toolsets in alignment with the department’s DEVOPS practices including technologies such as:
- Other industry standard DEVOPS toolsets
- Provide support to Deployable Local Area Networks and static networks within LNIC, based on the following technologies:
- Windows Operating Systems (Server 2016 and Windows 10 or later)
- Microsoft Enterprise Applications including:
- Essential: Active Directory, Local & Group Policy configuration in both connected and disconnected network, Microsoft DHCP, DNS, NPS, Microsoft Certificate Services (PKI)
- Desirable: Microsoft Exchange Server (2016 or later), Microsoft SharePoint (2016 or later), Microsoft SQL (2016 or later), Microsoft RDS
- Enterprise Endpoint Security solutions
- Design, build and manage various SOEs leveraging technologies including:
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Microsoft EndPoint Configuration Manager
- Microsoft InTune
- Package, Install, configure and administer software applications (predominately Windows servers and applications, though Linux experience is also desirable)
- Provide technical support as directed to Army exercises for specific technologies and systems.
- Develop system design documentation, and maintain configuration control of the SOE environment, documentation, as well as the various implementations on the Test and Development and Production Mission Command environments.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to developing capabilities via the designated framework to enable a digitally integrated system within a Joint and Coalition Force.
- Propose innovation activities to assess emerging technologies that may support a ‘future ready’ system.
- Provide other related services as tasked by the SO2 Design (Staff Officer Grade 2) and the Executive group.
The candidate requirements
- Minimum Qualifications, and practical experience in the skills described previously.
- Extensive (greater than 10 years) relevant experience; preferably within Government Local Area Networks within the deployable Defence domain.
- Exposure or experience working with deployed networks.
- Exposure with network integration at the tactical and operational levels within the ADF, including interfaces to strategic network boundaries.
- Experience applying security best practises in compliance with the Information Security Manual (ISM)
- The ability to integrate into a high functioning team and to manage their own time and priorities effectively.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply