STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Network Engineer
Contract or Temp
Position : Azure Engineer
Location : ACT
Outstanding opportunity for a driven professional to join a government department in an IT capacity. A passionate, driven professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed. The Azure Engineer will be working within the infrastructure team to support and deploy Azure based IT systems.
The department is currently upgrading the three core IT systems, which will be replaced by a series of modular solutions which will be utilising services the department already has in the Azure environment. The role is focused on the support of the project terms and build. The Azure Engineer will report to the Assistant Director IT Infrastructure and work as part of the infrastructure team.
About The Role
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Work effectively across teams to provide systems expertise to enhance and improve existing solutions, including designing, developing, implementing, and testing solutions, in line with business requirements and software development standards.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to investigate and resolve complex issues with the operation of infrastructure and infrastructure as code.
- Ensure deadlines are consistently met and that a high standard of technical and design documentation is provided.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time
- Contribute to providing On-call support for the department’s infrastructure.
The candidate requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in implementing enterprise IT solutions consuming Azure services – including, but not limited to the following:
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Serverless Compute – Azure Functions, Web Apps
- Storage – BLOB and File
- Integration – Service Bus and Event Hub
- Identity – Azure Active Directory (AAD) and Azure B2C
- API Management (APIM)
- Demonstrated experience in Azure DevOps and CI/CD pipelines using ARM and/or Bicep templates
- Demonstrated experience with managing and migrating solution infrastructure to the Azure platform
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management principles and processes in context of Infrastructure management
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels and influence key stakeholders.
- The successful candidate needs to be able to obtain Negative Vetting Level 1
Desirable skills and experience
- Relevant qualifications in IT, including cloud certification
- Experience with GIT version control and common branching strategies
- Demonstrated knowledge of Australian IT Cyber security frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT frameworks, such as ITIL and TOGAF
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Commonwealth frameworks, including ICT frameworks
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply