Engineering / Civil / Structural / Design
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Structural Engineer
Location : Sydney
A Building Inspection company with head office in Brisbane Our client provides compliance consultation and onsite testing services on residential, commercial and civil projects. Our client is a dynamic company with great company culture, providing a wonderful working experience for their employees.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Structural Engineer to join our client’s team in Sydney. As the Structural Engineer you will work closely with the client company’s management and report to the Director.
The role includes (but not limited to):
- Engage with project design stakeholders including structural, geotechnical, hydraulic, architectural and the client
- Review structural design documentation for relevant considerations
- Development of design risk profile to define design considerations in accordance with code of practice.
- Development of detailed design documents primarily consisting of layouts and detailed sections.
- Conduct value engineering of various design options raised throughout the design process.
- Prepare correspondence and liaise with stakeholders
- Ensure works are conducted within our scope of engagement
- Training and support of junior staff in professional development
- Provide ongoing expert advice during the consultation process.
- Onsite inspection of building for documentation.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil, Geo-technical or Structural Engineering.
- Chartered Professional Engineer accreditation is desirable.
- Experience in civil, geotechnical or structural design position.
- Experience conducting site / field-based work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare technical reports and prepare proposals
- Ability to build and develop relationships at all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Working to deadlines and ensuring the work is of the highest standard
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to understand/interpret data, and create action plans
- Ability to self-motivate and work autonomously to drive business objectives
- Show initiative in identifying processes to improve and the ability to impart your ideas
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. 0485 835 307
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply