STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
Engineering / Civil / Structural / Design
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Basement Design Specialist
Location : Sydney
A waterproofing design and testing services company with head office in Sydney focused on quality control and compliance in the installation of waterproofing applications. Our client provides compliance consultation and onsite testing services on new construction projects and in existing building assets. Our client is a dynamic company with great company culture, providing a wonderful working experience for their employees.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Senior Basement Design Specialist to join our client’s team in Sydney. As the Senior Remedial Engineer you will work closely with the client company’s management and report to the Director.
The role includes (but not limited to):
- Guide basement design process with all stakeholders in accordance with BS8102:2022 Code of
Practice for Protection of Structures Against Water ingress
- Engage with project design stakeholders including structural, geotechnical, hydraulic, architectural
and the client during the design development process.
- Review geotechnical report data for considerations relevant to basement design risk.
- Review structural design documentation for considerations relevant to basement design risk.
- Development of basement design risk profile to define design considerations in accordance with the BS8102:2022 code of practice.
- Development of detailed design documents primarily consisting of layouts and detailed sections.
- Conduct value engineering of various design options raised throughout the design process.
- Prepare correspondence and liaise with stakeholders
- Management of tasks delegated to design team support staff.
- Ensure design works are conducted within our scope of engagement
- Training and support of junior staff in professional development
- Provide ongoing expert advice during the construction process.
- Onsite inspection of work in progress for compliance with design documentation.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil, Geo-technical or Structural Engineering.
- Chartered Professional Engineer accreditation is desirable.
- Experience in civil, geotechnical or structural design position.
- Experience with design in accordance with BS8102 code of practice
- Experience conducting site / field-based work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare technical reports and prepare proposals
- Ability to build and develop relationships at all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Working to deadlines and ensuring the work is of the highest standard
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to understand/interpret data, and create action plans
- Ability to self-motivate and work autonomously to drive business objectives
- Show initiative in identifying processes to improve and the ability to impart your ideas
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply