STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Project Management / Team Lead
Contract or Temp
Position : Director – Business Engagement
Location : ACT
Outstanding opportunity for a driven professional to join a government department in an IT capacity. A passionate, driven professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed. The department is seeking an experienced Business Engagement Director.
The Director/Manager – Business Engagement role is a manager role within the Simplified Trade System (STS) Taskforce. Under limited direction, the duties or this role include, but are not limited to:
- Displaying leadership and people management skills by:
- Assigning clear roles and responsibilities for team members on every project (to ensure optimum team effectiveness for projects of different size and complexity).
- Identifying areas for further development of team members and providing constructive feedback on a regular basis.
- Recognising and rewarding good performance.
- Providing staff within their team and across other Branch project staff with ongoing coaching and mentoring.
- Promoting the Branch values and culture by collaborating with other Project Team Leads; and
- Facilitating a collaborative approach to identifying and managing project issues and risks.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders to ensure team KPI’s and organisational outcomes are achieved by:
- Fostering a co-operative approach with the Taskforce Executive and other team leads, the department’s stakeholders and interdepartmental stakeholders, leading to a project outcome which meets organisational needs.
- Providing progress reports to the Taskforce Executive on progress against the team plans.
- Managing stakeholder expectations; and
- Engaging the Stakeholders in resolution of emerging issues and risks.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team responsible for the development and delivery of team outcomes with a focus on best practice and continual improvement: Ensure team activities are planned, documented, actioned and completed within agreed timeframes and quality standards.
- Manage project deliverables across agencies, ensuring compliance with governance and quality protocols, to successfully deliver Secretariat milestones and outcomes.
The candidate requirements
- Demonstrated experience working as a Business Engagement Manager, ideally within government.
- Proven ability to deliver requirements and aligns with organisational constraints of multiple agencies/entities.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between business and technical terminology.
- Proven ability to communicate with influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a related field.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply