STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / IT Security
Contract or Temp
Position : Cyber Security Specialist (ACT NSW VIC)
Location : ACT
Outstanding opportunity for a driven professional to join a government department in an IT capacity. A passionate, driven professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed. The department is seeking an experienced Cyber Security Specialist to work in the Cyber Security Section of the Digital Solutions Division (DSD).
We are seeking technical security specialists who want to help uplift the security posture of an organisation. This role will allow candidates to experience all facets of technical cyber security from writing code, helping dev teams identify and fix security issues, building infrastructure and tools to shift security left, incident identification and response, security testing, providing technical security advice and identifying ways to meet government security requirements by continuously measuring and analysing application security postures.
You will work with a range of technologies from different eras. Solving security problems, identifying security issues and coming up with technical solutions on how to best protect the department’s applications.
If you are a technical cyber security specialist with experience in some or all of the facets listed above. We want to hear from you.
You may specialize in a specific role such as an incident responder or penetration tester but find that you are not as stimulated as you once were? Come and join our team where you can work on all aspects of technical security and be supported in expanding your skill set.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate security measures into the design and implementation of new systems and technologies.
- Develop strategies to secure technologies from multiple eras.
- Conduct cyber security assessments, vulnerability scans and pen testing to identify potential risks and vulnerabilities.
- Build infrastructure and tooling to automate and move cyber security activities left.
- Collaborate, drive and build a program of work to uplift the way the organisation identifies and makes risk based decisions for applications
Join our passionate team today and be part of a department that recognises and rewards excellence, values your expertise and provides an environment where your ideas and contributions truly make a difference.
The candidate requirements
- Proven experience as a technical Cyber Security Specialist or similar role with a strong understanding of technical cyber security principles. frameworks and best practice
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following technical skills:
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols, firewall technologies, intrusion detection/prevention systems and other security tools
- Performing security assessment, vulnerability scans, and penetration testing using relevant tools.
- Providing technical security advice at the whitepaper, code or config level
- Building security tools and infrastructure to assist teams in building secure applications.
- Incident response including reverse engineering, anomaly detection and threat hunter activities
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyse complex systems to identify security risks
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and communicate complex security concepts to non-technical staff.
- Qualifications in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber Security or a related field. Relevant certifications (eg. OSCP, GIAC, CREST) are highly desirable.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply