STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
Building & Construction / Contracts Manager
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Contracts Manager
Location : ACT
A national construction company with head offices in Canberra providing innovative commercial construction services all over Australia. Our client is a highly established company with great company culture, providing a wonderful working experience for their employees.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Contracts Manager to join our client’s team in Canberra. As the Contracts Manager you will work closely with the client company’s management to negotiate and prepare tenders, as well as making sure the company is in compliance with regulations. You will be in charge of administration of sub contracts (procurement, payments, variation assessment).
The role includes (but not limited to):
- Manage own work appropriately within company guidelines and to a high standard.
- Drive a safety culture through establishing expected actions and behaviours of all staff and contractors on site.
- Develop and maintain effective networks with contractors and industry colleagues and to display confidence when dealing with others.
- Ensure employees under your supervision receive appropriate training and have the necessary competencies to perform the functions required in their role through the development and application of project training plans for each employee under your supervision.
- Uses sound people management practices to:
o manage individual and team issues to build and maintain enthusiasm, collaboration and communication,
competency and capability;
o ensure appropriate staffing to meet work requirements;
o ensure staff workloads, standards, and workplace behaviours are acceptable and meet company
o Effectively delegate decision making to work team staff to reflect their position and ability.
- Undertake the overall management of the project, including responsibility for project quality, client management with support from the Senior PM or Operations Manager as applicable.
- Prepare and monitor plans for the project and proactively support staff to achieve their role and project objectives including managing client needs, design issues, contracting issues, technical building issues, managing compliance and regulatory standards.
- Ensure compliance with legislation, regulation and codes of practice standards and systems in relation to the duties of this role and evidenced by positive audit outcomes.
- Successfully manage the head and sub/trade contracts including timely provision of signed contracts and
- Ensure all relevant documentation and correspondence is in place so that disputes, claims or liabilities under the contract are avoided.
- Carry out or manage the administration tasks in a timely and coordinated fashion to ensure internal office administration timelines are met and all project documentation is completed in accordance with good practice and contractual timeframes.
- Provide concise and accurate cost and project reporting to Operations Managers on a monthly basis that shows payments are received and made on time and financial reporting is on time, accurate and show good financial management practices.
- Initiate and maintain Safety in Design discipline throughout the project delivery.
- Adopt good operational risk management practices for the project, identifying, assessing and recording key
risks using risk and compliance framework.
- Demonstrate sound operational knowledge of legislative, regulatory and standards requirements including
Australian Building and Construction Commission (ABCC), Office of the Federal Safety Commissioner (OFSC), Workplace Health & Safety, Complaint Handling and Dispute Resolution and their implementation on projects.
- Ensure the highest level of accuracy and professionalism is maintained in all areas of client and service provision. This includes ensuring the timeframes for processing of relevant documentation are actioned in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Participates in preparation of submissions, EOI and other documents for management style contract proposals as and when requested.
- Participate in preparation of tenders as and when requested.
- Manage area of responsibility (specific projects as allocated) so that it is effective, efficient and contributes to the values, growth and profitability of the company in all regions.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Excellent skills in all aspects of project management including pre- and post- contract negotiations, client liaison, delivery, financial management, WHS and people management.
- Significant on-site project management experience.
- Professionalism, respect and integrity towards your clients, suppliers, contractors, and staff with and ability to work and communicate with different personality types.
- Demonstrated computer skills using programs such as MS Project, and MS Office Suite.
- The ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks.
- A current First Aid Certificate, General Induction Card, Asbestos Awareness certificate & WHS Risk Management training
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0485 835 308
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply