IT & Telecomms / Software – Developer
Contract or Temp
Position : Senior Java Developers
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for highly experienced Senior Java Developer contractors for a government agency.
The agency is seeking 2 skilled Senior Java Developers to assist with Java development tasks for the maintenance and evolution of their system. The system currently has a .NET front-end, Java backend (Unix/Linux/AWS), Oracle PL/SQL, ARCGIS. This role is to maintain and enhance the backend including JEE, Tomcat and Spring applications.
The successful candidate must have the following minimum skills:
- Develop enterprise-grade software using Java and RDB technologies
- Design, create and manage solutions on AWS Cloud
- Design data models, translate to physical data models and implement using a database
- Implement CRUD operations on the database using Java Object-Relational Mapping frameworks
- Produce and maintain detailed design artifacts & technical specifications
- Create and work with RESTful OpenAPI specifications, SOAP WSDLs, XML Schemas
- Develop and maintain DevOps workflows using Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Maven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in analysis, design, planning, support, documentation, and presentation contexts.
- Ability to work autonomously, especially to ask questions, engage with business and gather requirements
- At least 8 years Java experience, enterprise design patterns, JPA, Hibernate ORM, JEE an advantage, data structures, concurrency.
- Technical skills:
- Broad experience with internal and external data integrations, e.g., SOAP and REST APIs, OpenAPI/XSD Schemas, XML/JSON, JMS.
- AWS development (EC2, Lambdas, API Gateway, Beanstalk, S3, SQS, CloudFormation).
- Unix/Linux, Bash.
- Maven, Artifact Repositories, Continuous Integration, Unit and System Integration testing.
- Major database experience, including data modelling, stored procedures. Oracle preferred.
- Willingness to be 24×7 on-call. Historically calls escalated to the dev team between 10pm and 6am are rare, one per year.
- Reactive programming.
- Work as a member of an integrated Agile team comprising technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong commitment to software engineering processes and a proven ability to develop robust and maintainable software given complex requirements.
What the role offers:
- Up to $2000/day contracting rate for the right candidate
- A fun, collaborative and productive team.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply