STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Management
Contract or Temp
Position : Service Incident Manager
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for highly experienced Incident Manager contractor with public sector experience to work on the various stages of the project lifecycle, for a government division.
Do you enjoy working in a team developing with latest technology whilst also building products that make a difference? Then this job could be for you.
- Managing the day-to-day operation of the incident management process; and overseeing problem management
- Responding to reports of incidents; and initiating the incident management process including the management of the incident, communicating and coordinating with business areas, external 3rd parties, and team members involved in resolving incidents.
- Prioritising incidents according to their urgency and priority impacts, and identifying the cause of incidents with the aim to proactively prevent incidents from happening and minimize the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented.
- Conduct regular analysis on incidents and continuous improvement activities relating to incidents and its synergies with knowledge management, system reporting, training, problem management, and change management.
- Provide support to the Command Centre for requests for information/further details on incident reporting.
- Act as an escalation point for more complex faults and problem rectification, including logging, escalation and coordination with team members and other IT support areas. Liaise and consult with clients and other areas on
technical support issues and problem resolution.
- Ensure all staff, in particular the on call person, are aware of outages and system changes that could impact their work.
- Provide analysis and advice on complex issues and contribute to the management, preparation and coordination of governance and policy;.
- Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals. In addition, represent the agency by promoting it’s interests in various forums.
- Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in IT service management or similar role
- Strong knowledge of ITIL frameworks and their relationship with service management
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills across a vast array of internal and external teams and stakeholders, and the proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations across a geographically dispersed network.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment whilst setting priorities and delivering quality results within time constraints.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and time management skills.
- Proven analytical abilities with the ability to propose and facilitate change and contribute to business improvement strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff while developing capabilities, encouraging career development and promoting professionalism.
- Demonstrated personal integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and policy parameters
- Relevant qualifications in ITIL and incident management.
- Experience with ServiceNow or similar ITSM toolset.
What the role offers:
- $1000 -$2000/day contracting rate for the right candidate
- 6 months contracting role, 1 possible extension
- A fun, collaborative and productive team.
- Onsite location
- Below the line role
This role is a part of Defence initiative. Confidential conversation will need to occur before there needs to be disclosure on the project.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0485 835 308
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply