STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
Government / Local Government / Federal Government
Contract or Temp
Position : Executive Officer
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for highly experienced Executive Officer contractor for a government department. The department is looking for a professional and enthusiastic Executive Officer to provide strategic advice, coordination, and high-level support to the First Assistant Commissioner (FAC), Chief Information Officer Division, including managing a diverse range of critical issues, services and projects to support the achievement of the Enterprise Transformation Group’s (ETG) strategic operational objectives.
You will join a team of a highly motivated and collaborative professionals that work in the Enterprise Transformation Group (ETG). The ETG is made up of two Divisions that are focused on delivering a modernisation agenda that will see the department transition and roll management systems onto contemporary and secure solutions. The ETG is committed to establishing and maintaining a high performing and positive workplace culture. You will operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment, working closely with the First Assistant Commissioner (FAC), Assistant Commissioners (ACs), Directors and other Executive Support staff.
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Analysing and synthesising information from a range of internal and external sources to provide timely strategic advice to the FAC.
- Proactively managing the workflow through the FAC’s office, including providing advice on context, quality assurance and coordinating any necessary follow up to ensure priorities and deadlines are met.
- Producing correspondence, briefings, and communication material on behalf of the FAC.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for the FAC’s office and responding appropriately to a range of routine, sensitive and urgent agency matters with ease.
- Providing high-level support to governance committees, meetings and forums chaired or convened by the FAC.
- Making and communicating decisions using professional judgement in a complex and changing environment.
- Attending meetings with the FAC and/or other members of the ETG Leadership Team to assist with arising actions.
- Developing and actively managing internal and external relationships, including collaborating with key stakeholders to achieve outcomes and facilitate cooperation, representing the ETG and the agency in various forums.
- Performing additional duties and undertaking projects as directed by the FAC.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate information to people from different backgrounds and levels of seniority.
- Experience in preparing complex and/or sensitive correspondence, briefings, talking points, business plans, papers and other written artefacts.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build productive relationships and communicate decisions using professional judgement.
- Strong attention to detail and experience in managing quality assurance (writing, editing, proof reading) of high volumes of correspondence, briefs and reports.
- Experience in effectively managing competing priorities with the ability to manage upwards and provide strategic advice and support to Senior Executives.
- A high degree of initiative, integrity and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Prior experience as an Executive Officer in the Australian Public Service.
What the role offers:
- Up to $2000/day contracting rate for the right candidate
- 10 month initial contract with a possible 12 month extension
- A fun, collaborative and productive team.
- Below the line role
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply