STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Software – Architect
Contract or Temp
Position : Enterprise Architect
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for highly experienced Enterprise Architect contractor.
The Department of Industry, Science and Resources (DISR) strives to encourage the sustainable growth of Australian industries including the delivery of a national innovation system to drive knowledge creation, international competitiveness and greater productivity. Our staff are committed to developing policies and delivering programs, in partnership with stakeholders, to provide lasting economic benefits based on principles of social justice and equity for all Australians.
The Department is an early adopter of cloud technologies, with a significant number of our key applications implemented in the cloud, particularly using Microsoft Azure and O365 cloud services. We also have active legacy system de-commissioning and migrate to cloud programs in place.
Enterprise Architects will drive common approaches and deliver an architecture that supports business needs for the Department and the whole of government strategic direction. They will work with relevant program solution architects to help them understand the program requirements and vision and provide liaison with the Department’s architectural and delivery stakeholders. Enterprise Architects will also be required to provide input to the Department’s ICT Strategy and Enterprise Architecture.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in enterprise architecture, with proven experience working with and leading solution, data, infrastructure and application architects to help them define, design and document ICT solutions that are consistent with the future-state architecture, identifying opportunities for sharing and re-use of data, processes and technology assets across a program or organization
- Experience in identifying and scoping needs and opportunities for common platforms and services across the enterprise, understanding the current landscape and communicating the future-state architectures to relevant stakeholders, ensuring that key decisions are recorded with adequate traceability, and that relevant stakeholders have appropriate input into the development of the architecture
- Excellent skills in communication, judgement, research and analysis, stakeholder engagement, problem solving, planning and time management, and an ability to undertake appropriate reviews and approval processes required to achieve acceptance and approval of future state architecture and other required decisions
- Application of whole of government policies such as the DTAs Digital Service Standard and the Australian Signal Directorate Information Security Manual (ISM)
- Experience in Digital Transformation, Enterprise Architecture tools and methodologies, developing cost models and provision of advice on cost management, authentication frameworks, patterns, roadmaps, architecting and consuming whole-of-government capabilities as part of enterprise solutions, including cross-agency collaboration and negotiation
- Familiarity with cloud architecture and approaches, particularly Microsoft offerings
What the role offers:
- $1000-$2000/day contracting rate for the right candidate
- 12 month contracting role, 2 possible 12 month extensions
- A fun, collaborative and productive team.
- Remote working arrangements may be considered on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the supervising manager, subject to business needs.
- Below the line role
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply