STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Systems Integration
Contract or Temp
Position : Systems Engineer
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for highly experienced Systems Engineer contractor with Department of Defence experience to work on the various stages of the project lifecycle.
The contractor will be expected to act in a technical hands-on role, with responsibility as the subject matter expert lead for software design & applications as well as middleware & routing. The contractor will also assist with system administration and test tool development, which will require the key person to have programming aptitude.
- Provide SME advice on in-service or emerging components of communications networks and their interfaces
- Provide engineering management oversight of the system configuration, processes and personnel.
- As directed, investigate emerging waveforms through desktop analysis and trials.
- Support the development and deployment of test tools and procedures within the team.
- Provide SME advice on in-service or emerging systems and standards
- Support the development of test threads.
- Attend and inform program/project events.
- Develop and coordinate operational analysis supporting tests and trials with Army and other Defence organisations.
- Support risk reduction trials and acceptance tests for systems.
- Apply the APS code of conduct and principles of equity and diversity, fraud and ethics, and OH&S.
- Provide other services as tasked.
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Software Engineering, and/or Systems Engineering
- Software development experience (including work done independently or as part of a small team).
- It is highly desirable that contractor involved in this task has:
- Experience in the use of middleware for distributed applications
- Extensive Network programming experience, including:
- Familiarity with the ethernet/IP headers and packet structuring for the development of inspection and filtering rules
- Familiarity with writing software linking to raw packet capture libraries (libpcap)
- Experience in web front-end development.
- Experience with unified modelling language
- Experience with writing acceptance test procedures
- Knowledge of deployable ADF command and control systems
- Formal training in (or has equivalent experience in) the deployment and administration of large scale virtualised environments (ESXi)
- Experience with conducting data and configuration management, particularly within documentation; and software and hardware baselines
- Training or certifications in project management or business analysis qualifications.
- A currently active security clearance of at least NV1 is required for the role
What the role offers:
- $1200 -$2000/day contracting rate for the right candidate
- 12 months contracting role with extensions
- Below the line role
This role is a part of Defence initiative. Confidential conversation will need to occur before there needs to be disclosure on the project.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0485 835 308
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply