STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
Government / Local Government / Federal Government
Contract or Temp
Position : Senior Personnel Security Adviser – Canberra
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for experienced Senior Personnel Security Adviser contractors with federal government experience to work with key partners across and outside of the Department to manage all security-related elements of the employment lifecycle at Health. The section is also the custodian of the department’s Security Strategy and supports a cultural uplift program to mature our department-wide security capability.
We are looking for enthusiastic personnel security professionals with a flexible can-do attitude and a focus on achieving high quality outcomes for Health and our clients. The successful candidate/s will thrive in a high tempo environment and bring a positive and proactive mindset to tackling new challenges and juggling competing priorities.
Services to be provided include, but not limited to the following:
- Managing the department’s personnel security arrangements including security clearance processes, ongoing suitability requirements, pre-employment screening suitability assessments, separation activities and aftercare programs.
- Identifying and managing personnel security risks in accordance with the requirements of the PSPF.
- Managing eligibility and suitability of personnel including citizenship waivers, temporary access and exceptions
- Manage the department’s security investigations and incident management.
- Managing personnel security educational processes and departmental engagement.
- Provide security briefings as required.
- Providing specialist/technical/professional advice across a broad range of security issues, including personnel security, insider threat, security risk management and security governance.
- Manage the personnel security arrangements within Health’s portfolio entities.
- Manage the governance and reporting arrangements within the section.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Personnel Security Adviser in Federal Government
- Certificate IV in Government Security (Personnel Vetting), or equivalent is required.
What the role offers
- $1000-$2000/day contracting rate for the right candidate
- 6 month contracting role and a possible 6 month extension
- A fun, collaborative and productive team.
- Minimum 3 days per week in-office to enable face-to-face meetings with key team members and stakeholders
- Below the line role
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0485 835 308
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply