STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / IT Security
Contract or Temp
Position : Security Engineer
Location : Brisbane
Gateway Synergy is looking for highly experienced Security Engineer contractor for a government department.
The Role:The Security Engineer provides wintel and midrange security engineering services to deliver the technical implementation of a suite of priority cyber security services, including the engagement planning, technical
design, implementation and on-boarding to the services. The
security engineer should have significant experience in designing and implementing contemporary information and cyber security controls for email security, MS-Exchange, SOE management and endpoint security across wintel and a range of other midrange platforms.
Primary Technologies: MS-Office productivity applications, MS endpoints (server and desktop Operating Systems) and endpoint security controls associated with ASDs Essential Eight, DNS and other network protocols of interest to Cyber operations, Host based Intrusion Detection / Prevention Systems (HIDS/HIPS), Wintel, Linux and other mid-range platforms, secure network and gateway service technologies.
The Security Engineers Key Tasks/Duties may include some or all of the following:
- Responsible for the delivery of optimal cyber security solutions on wintel and other midrange platforms and endpoints.
- Oversee the design, installation and operation of secured security monitoring, client and transport processes and security solutions.
- Provide broad technical support and design services for project build, test and solution deployments for security solutions and controls.
- Liaise with the infrastructure, cyber security and gateway teams in the design, procurement and deployment of secure platform and network solutions and services.
- Oversee the adoption and operation of resilient security solutions.
- Drive innovation, continuous improvement and manage and lead change in security solutions.
- Collaborate with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve project outcomes.
- Oversee and prepare a range of technical documentation and reports for information and cyber security solutions.
- Demonstrated experience and success designing and implementing endpoint securitysolutions in large complex environments, including security controls for email security, MS-Exchange and SOE management.
- Demonstrated experience in configuring and deploying secure network services on endpoints, including host-based sensors, agent software and related security controls and configurations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry Cyber Security frameworks, best practices and standards including Federal Government information security policy (i.e. Information Security Manual, Protective Security Policy Framework) and Cyber Security principles and guidelines.
What the role offers:
- Up to $2000/day contracting rate for the right candidate
- 5 months initial contract with 2×6 months extension
- Hybrid working arrangement with 3 days WFO
- Possibility of a 32 hour/week, 4 days working arrangement
- A fun, collaborative and productive team.
- Remote arrangement possible
- Below the line role
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0485 835 307
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply