STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
Government / Local Government / Federal Government
Contract or Temp
Position : Project / Policy Officer
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for highly experienced Project / Policy Officer contractor for a government agency. The agency manages a large volume of corporate and operational information, which is constantly increasing, varies in importance and is subject to treatment dictated by legislation. The agency requires new Policy documents as well as updated existing Policies in the Information and Records Management space.
As a government agency it is a legislative requirement to have up to date policy documents to ensure compliance with ever changing regulation, address evolving risks, improve operational efficiency, and maintain transparency in their practices. Regularly updated policies help adapt to new challenges and maintain a strong framework for decision making and accountability.
The Specified Personnel will work under the broad direction of Program Manager – Knowledge Management, planning and executing work, ensuring timely and successful delivery that includes, but is not limited to:
- Information and Records Management Policy development, Researching, analysing, and formulating new policies or updating existing ones to address emerging issues or changes in government priorities, demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, and persuasive policy documents, briefing materials, and reports.
- Collecting and analysing data to support evidence-based policy recommendations and decisions.
- Assessing the impact of new legislation on existing policies and making necessary adjustment to ensure alignment and compliance.
- Manage effective internal and external relationship, negotiate with stakeholders in more complex matters and resolve escalated customer issues where appropriate.
- Undertake complex procedural, administrative and service-related tasks, and the provision of policy advice.
- Coordinate and measure the activities of a program, project initiative or specialist tasks.
- Apply a range of standard and library specific digital-based applications to monitor and maintain information resources including procedures, processes, and policies.
- Drafting policy documents, briefing notes, and reports to effectively communicate policy recommendations and changes to stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and relevant research to inform policy decisions and recommendations.
- Risk mitigation in the form of identifying potential risks associated with policy proposals and developing strategies to mitigate identified risks.
- Contributing to the strategic planning process by providing policy insights and recommendations that align with the organisations goals.
The possible extension will involve tasks that include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the implementation of policies by monitoring progress and addressing any challenges that arise.
- Continuously monitoring the effectiveness and outcomes of implementing policies, identifying areas for improvement, and suggesting adjustments required.
- Providing training and guidance to colleagues, stakeholders on policy matters and their implications.
The Desired Personnel will have relevant equivalent qualification, skill, and experience to undertake the Services at a service level expected of a Project Officer with emphasis on their ability to work independently, take initiative, and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment as well as experience in producing Government Policy documents
What the role offers:
- Up to $2000/day contracting rate for the right candidate
- 6 month initial contract with 2 possible 3 month extensions
- A fun, collaborative and productive team.
- Below the line role
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply