STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
Government / Local Government / Federal Government
Contract or Temp
Position : Program Benefits Management Specialist
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for highly experienced Program Benefits Management Specialist contractor for a government agency. The Benefits and Risk Management Specialist will undertake a range of activities to support the effective and efficient management of benefits and risks for the agency’s program. Providing high level support to the Assistant Commissioners (ACs) and Director, including preparing and reviewing high-level documentation and correspondence, managing complex scheduling requirements, and coordinating workflow.
The role will works closely with the Program and Organisational Transformation Division (OTD) leadership teams to ensure that actions are followed up and completed on time. This role will also involve managing strategic activities for the Program.
Benefits realisation management (BRM) is a process of identifying, planning, managing and evaluating the intended benefits of an investment. BRM informs investment decisions and establishes plans to realise intended benefits. The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Leading a review of the benefits management for the Program. This will include updating any associated documentation including benefit profiles and registers and facilitation benefit and risk workshops to review and update the program benefits and risks.
- Uplifting benefits reporting capability to meet internal and external requirements.
- Support the Program to develop an approach to benefits management for the Program that aligns with scaled agile methodologies.
- Build strong and effective relationships with a range of stakeholders with key internal stakeholders, building understanding and commitment to benefits realisation and ongoing management.
- Support building program management capability within the Program Office team. This includes coaching and mentoring regarding actively managing the benefits for the Program.
- Contribute to team planning, coordination and workflow management and shaping the teams work program in alignment with the Program objectives.
- Additional tasks as directed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate information to people from different backgrounds and seniority.
- Strong attention to detail and experience in managing quality assurance (writing, editing, proof reading) of high volumes of correspondence, briefs and reports.
- Confidence and ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and negotiate with team members, business areas and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Ability to carefully follow established processes and procedures and undertake quality assurance activities.
- Excellent teamwork skills, with the ability to work with colleagues to achieve considered outcomes.
- Experience effectively managing competing priorities and strategic directions when achieving planning and project outcomes in line with agency goals and objectives.
- Strategic skills to drive and positively influence team members and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to make sensitive and complex decisions using professional judgement within legislative and budget parameters
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a related field
What the role offers:
- Up to $2000/day contracting rate for the right candidate
- 10 month initial contract with 2 possible 12 month extensions
- A fun, collaborative and productive team.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply