STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Network Engineer
Contract or Temp
Position : Network Engineer
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for highly experienced Network Engineer contractor for a government department.
The Role:The Network Engineer provides network security engineering services to deliver the technical implementation of a suite of priority cyber security services to the department’s agencies, including the engagement planning, technical design, implementation and on-boarding of the Customer Agencies to the services. The Network Engineer should have significant experience in engineering contemporary security and networking controls including DNS configurations, TLS and DMARC implementations.
Primary Technologies: MS-Office productivity applications, MS endpoints (server and desktop Operating Systems) and endpoint security controls associated with ASDs Essential Eight, DNS and other network protocols of interest to Cyber operations, Hostbased Intrusion Detection / Prevention Systems (HIDS/HIPS), Wintel, Linux and other mid-range platforms, secure network and gateway service technologies.
The Network Engineers Key Tasks/Duties may include some or all of the following:
- Responsible for delivery of optimal cyber security networking solutions.
- Oversee the design, installation and operation of network security monitoring, client and transport processes.
- Provide broad technical support and design services for project build, test and solution deployments for networking solutions and controls.
- Liaise with the infrastructure, cyber security and gateway teams in the design, procurement and deployment of secure network solutions and services.
- Drive innovation, continuous improvement and manage and lead change in secure network solutions.
- Collaborate with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve project outcomes.
- Oversee and prepare a range of technical documentation and reports for network and network security solutions.
- Demonstrated experience and success engineering and delivering secure network solutions, including designing and implementing DNS configurations and change management within large and complex government environments.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing network services including DHCP, DNS, HTTPS, TLS and SMTP and related security controls and configuration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry Cyber Security frameworks, best practices and standards including Federal Government information security policy (i.e. Information Security Manual, Protective Security Policy Framework) and the ACSCs Cyber Security principles and guidelines.
What the role offers:
- Up to $2000/day contracting rate for the right candidate
- 5 months initial contract with 2×6 months extension
- Hybrid working arrangement with 3 days WFO
- Possibility of a 32 hour/week, 4 days working arrangement
- A fun, collaborative and productive team.
- Below the line role
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply