STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / IT Security
Contract or Temp
Position : Cyber GRC Specialist
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for highly experienced Cyber GRC Specialist contractor for a government department.
The Role: The role of the Cyber GRC Specialist is for an experienced cyber security Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) practitioner to provide cyber security services to the agency. A specific deliverable during the initial engagement will be to progress the GRC work around any agency systems required to be modified or developed in preparation for the next anticipated major federal event.
Extended hours and weekend work are required during key event periods. Extensions are possible depending on proximity to the next anticipated major federal event.
Key position responsibilities
- Providing specialist cyber security advice to agency projects
- Providing advice agency-wide to enhance security operations and practices in accordance with the Protective Security Policy Framework, Information Security Manual and Australian Signals Directorate’s (ASD) Essential Eight Strategies to Mitigate Cyber Incidents.
- Creating governance documentation as required.
- Assisting with implementing cyber security work packages to produce an environment that supports the secure and effective delivery of projects.
- Assisting the Cyber Security team as needed
- Knowledge of the Information Security Manual, Protective Security Policy Framework and Essential Eight
- Demonstrated experience and capability performing a cyber security GRC role.
- Demonstrated understanding of Cyber Security incident response process and plans.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in managing client interactions and expectations in a service context.
- Experience in developing documentation, either technical or business
- Please specify current security clearance held.
- Relevant qualifications in cyber security
What the role offers:
- Up to $2000/day contracting rate for the right candidate
- 10 month initial contract with a possible 12 month extension
- A fun, collaborative and productive team.
- Below the line role
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply