STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / DBA / Database Developer
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Computer Storage and Backup Engineer
Location : ACT
Gateway Synergy is looking for a Computer Storage and Backup Engineer on behalf of our client. Our client is a rapidly growing company in the Defence industry, with an urgent need for exceptional professionals.
In this position you will be part of the Compute and Storage team. You will be responsible for managing the cloud hosting technologies within a variety of security domains. You will be working with market leading infrastructure technologies and will be designing and recommending best of breed solutions both internally and direct to the customers.
What the company offers:
- Competitive salary and additional benefits
- Employee development support available
- Flexible working conditions
We are looking for engineers with expertise in the following areas:
- Experience with Cisco UCS Server Technologies or equivalent
- Experience with Block, File, Fibre Channel and S3 storage technologies
- Experience with Enterprise Backup technologies
- Monitor, respond and manage alerts generated by both human and automated sources.
- Actively identify areas where administrative or operational efficiencies can be improved.
- Assist both internal and external clients or customers to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve incidents or service requests.
- Assist customers in the design and development of solutions on the IaaS platform.
- Liaise with vendor technical support to resolve or mitigate bugs in software or hardware.
- Repair and replace hardware.
- Create reports based on service uptime, resource utilisation, security events, and other common key metrics.
- Participate and contribute to the organisation of company commercial and social events.
- Comply with company Policies and Procedures
Essential skills required
- Experience installing, configuring, and cabling physical servers, storage and server switching equipment
- Experience with storage protocols such as S3, FCP, iSCSI, FCOE, NVME, NFS, SMB and CIFS
- Experience managing Storage Arrays such as Pure Storage FlashArray and FlashBlade
- Experience managing a Cisco UCS environment or similar
- Experience with Enterprise Backup solutions such as Veeam
- Familiarity with other common IT technologies like operating systems, databases, hypervisors, automation, and cloud computing and their dependencies on networking infrastructure.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to obtain and analyse information from varying sources and rationalise conclusions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adjust tone and/or language to suit the audience.
- Ability to foster productive working relationships with colleagues, vendors, partners, and customers.
- Able to work both independently and within a team.
- Awareness of Industry certification frameworks such as ISO27001 or the Australian Government Information Security Manual and their application on networking infrastructure.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies.
This is a security assessed position. The successful candidate must hold or have the ability to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 clearance or higher.
The role may require national travel, overnight stays and liaison with partners and suppliers.
“OPENING THE GATEWAY BETWEEN TALENT & OPPORUNITY”
Should you be interested please apply online or email Anastasia at [email protected]
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply