STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
Sales & Account Management / Sales Manager
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Commercial Manager HAS
Location : Adelaide
Our client is a highly established ASX-listed defence company with international reach. They have a strong internal team and great company culture, supporting their team of highly qualified professionals. As the company is expanding, they are currently looking for professionals to join their Adelaide team as a Commercial Manager HAS (Heavy Armoured Systems). This position reports to the Program Manager – Heavy Armoured Vehicles.
The Commercial Manager HAS is responsible for the management of the HAS head contract including CCPs, commercial aspects of the HACS Sustainment RFT response, and internal and subcontracts agreements required for delivery of the contract, in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures and specific contract requirements. The role will participate in positioning the company for scope growth arising from the Interim HAS contract, and to maximise scope opportunity for the yet to be defined HAS Sustainment RFT. The role includes (but not limited to):
- Manage the company’s commercial matters as they relate to HAS and the HAS Sustainment RFT development, compilation, internal approvals, submission, subsequent negotiations and execution.
- Establish, maintain and amend assigned contracts and agreements in accordance with the company’s and corporate requirements.
- Prepare and coordinate CCPs and Proposals ready for authorisation in accordance with Company procedures.
- Participate in the development and negotiation of contract and sub-contract agreements.
- Perform contract authorisation within delegated authority.
- Develop, establish and manage the company’s Intercompany Support Agreements.
- Support the development and delivery of Contract based data deliverables to the customer in accordance with contract schedules.
- Ensure compliance with the company, customer and supplier confidentiality, trade compliance and security requirements including proposal authorisations.
- Ensure that all contract and commercial risks and opportunities are identified and managed by the project team(s).
- Participate as a member of the project team in the development of negotiation strategies, as assigned.
- Participate as a member of the project team in contract negotiations, as assigned.
- Review and advise on the acceptability of Head contract and Enterprise partner (supplier) terms and conditions.
- Establish, maintain and amend assigned subcontracts and agreements in accordance with company and corporate requirements.
- Perform the management of major subcontractors, with emphasis on supplier performance, attainment of scheduled milestone activities and cost management.
- Develop, coordinate and issue requests for proposals/information for subcontract changes.
- Evaluate and investigate and subcontractor proposal responses, ensuring timely completion to support program.
- Support negotiations with major subcontractors on scope, schedule and price.
- Prepare, coordinate and authorise sub-contract amendments and CCPs in accordance with Company procedures.
- Preparation of RFTs to subcontractors and assist in their evaluation and selection.
- Receive and approve sub-contract invoices and submit for payment.
- Support Commonwealth investigations into the commercial and contractual aspects of company’s tender responses.
- Provide support to the AIC Program.
- Gather and analyse complex data, developing solutions to unusual/complex problems.
- Attend and contribute to weekly commercial department meetings.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to supplier, management and customers, as required.
- Ensure that all contract and commercial risks and opportunities are identified and reported to the project and contracts leadership teams.
- Attend supplier and customer meetings as required.
- Maintain log for subcontract action items and update Program Risk Register and report status as directed.
- Prepare and report monthly subcontract status to organisation.
- Prepare monthly reports on budget, actual and forecast costs.
- Develop and maintain registers of information.
- Maintain and update company and Customer databases, including the management of soft and hard copy documentation and related archiving tasks.
- Responsible for compliance to the Corporate Trade Compliance Policies and applicable departmental Import/Export regulations.
- Work in accordance with company HSE Policies, Plans, Procedures, Processes, SOP’s, JSEA’s, Risk Assessments and SDS requirements.
- Participate in the identification, assessment and management of HSE risks.
- Communicate with supervisors and managers on HSE improvement suggestions and ideas.
- Actively participate in HSE discussions and seek clarification where HSE issues are not clearly understood.
- Comply with all reasonable HSE directives.
- Comply with all company Policies and Procedures, Processes and Work Instructions.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of contracting principles.
- Ability to travel and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
- Ability to gain and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- Experience in a defence projects environment
- Experience with managing a major subcontract
- Project Management experience
- Intermediate MS Office skills, specifically Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Oracle experience and cross functional work experience
Core competencies required for this role:
- Understands the impact of behavior on others; demonstrates behavior that has a positive impact on others, e.g. customer focused.
- Communicates with clarity & respect.
- Demonstrates collaborative behaviours with a balanced accountability to self, peers & team.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with agility, innovation & creativity in the execution of their work.
- Embraces diversity by ensuring that different perspectives, experiences & insights are considered.
- Work in accordance with company WHSE Policies, Plans, Procedures, Processes, SOP’s, JSEA’s, Risk Assessments and SDS requirements.
- Participate in the identification, assessment and management of WHSE risks.
- Communicate with coordinators and managers on WHSE improvement suggestions and ideas.
- Actively participate in WHSE discussions and seek clarification where WHSE issues are not clearly understood.
- Comply with all reasonable WHSE directives.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply