STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
Engineering / Industrial
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Capability Manager
Location : Adelaide
Our client is a highly established ASX-listed Defence company with international reach. They are a company with a strong internal team and great company culture, supporting their internal team of highly qualified professionals. As the company is expanding, they are currently looking for professionals to join their Adelaide team.
An opportunity is now available to join the Adelaide team as a Capability Manager. In this role you are responsible for assessing and proposing strategies that align to customer expectations for Industrial Capability in relation to current, tendered and quoted projects. It includes Australian Sovereign Capabilities, Engagement with SMEs, Systems Integration, Manufacturing, Import Replacement, R&D, and identification of Export opportunities.
The role includes (but not limited to):
- Develop, publish and maintain policy and procedures relating to industry capability
- Identify customer and industry trends, and anticipate future developments
- Research customer requirements and critical success factors prior to tender release
- Identify and prioritise opportunities for local industrial capability identifying and optimising the contribution of primes, OEMs, and SMEs.
- Perform initial viability analyses for stakeholder review and agreement
- Maintain knowledge of current Australian Defence industrial policies and programs
- Own, plan, coordinate content and contribute to AIC tender volumes
- Participate on tender teams as allocated
- Oversee the implementation of agreed industrial capabilities utilising internal resources
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry organisations, Defence and Industry Departments, and other industrial and academic stakeholders positioning company for recognition of support for government policy
- Participate in relevant customer roadshows and company events as assigned
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal capability and process specialists and stakeholders, clearly explaining Australian requirements
- Identify opportunities to obtain state and federal Government funding/support of Industrial Opportunities
- Work in accordance with WHSE Policies, Plans, Procedures, Processes, SOP’s, JSEA’s, Risk Assessments and SDS requirements.
- Participate in the identification, assessment and management of WHSE risks.
- Actively participate in WHSE discussions and seek clarification where WHSE issues are not clearly understood.
- Comply with all reasonable WHSE directives.
- Comply with all Policies and Procedures, Processes and Work Instructions.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Stakeholder Management skills
- Product and Capability development life cycle experience
- Degree level Engineering qualifications, previous commercial exposure
- Similar roles in Defence or adjacent industries preferred.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with current market rates and trades.
“OPENING THE GATEWAY BETWEEN TALENT & OPPORTUNITY”
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. 0485 835 307
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply