STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Project Management / Team Lead
Permanent / Full Time
Position : Agile Product Manager
Location : Brisbane
Gateway Synergy is looking for a Agile Product Manager on behalf of our client. Our client is a rapidly growing company in the Defence industry, with an urgent need for exceptional professionals.
They are located all over the East Coast and are interested in highly qualified individuals interested in growing with them.
The Role & Requirements
The Agile Product Manager is the one who builds an overall road map of the development cycle, and this individual holds a high-level view of what will be the final product after years of development.
The Agile Product Manager will educate both the customer and upper management about its evolution. And, how each phase of the development cycle is used to create the final product. This role will be reporting to the National Manager – Strategy and Productisation.
- Research, analyze, and learn about a target client segment(s), to garner a deep understanding of business needs.
- Analyze the market and competitive environment to define a differentiated product vision that delivers unique value. Translate analyses into sound recommendations based on data and experience.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders (internal and external even if just via product integration selection) to align on strategy and develop a delivery roadmap that supports the company’s business goals.
- Collaborate and engage key stakeholders, including lines of business, internal sales teams, operations, and other functional areas in the planning and execution of the product.
- Provide detailed reporting to the COO to enable tactical and strategic decision making on the Product Roadmap.
- Work with the company’s Product Manager to ensure alignment between the Application Development Product Roadmap and the Technology Product Roadmap.
- Define the Product Roadmap.
o Write epics and features in support of the defined roadmap, working with stakeholders to prioritize across teams.
o Set Planning Increment (PI) vision, priority and definition, drive feature prioritization and delivery timelines.
o Develop feature backlog roadmap, leading high level deliverables including discovery, prototypes/wireframes, usability studies, partner demos, and web analytics planning.
o Liaise and support teams with backlog and implementation that recognises the roadmap (expect Dev Lead or Product Owner to own sprints and resource assignment).
o Engage internal and client stakeholders in the roadmap.
- Provide input into costing and forecasting of development costs.
- Create and track product metrics to inform strategy and roadmap, sharing analysis with stakeholders.
- Work with technical writers / marketing etc to create client and teammate facing content.
- Risk management: Ensure all Product Management Lifecycle (PML) process & procedures are followed, supporting security, risk, audit, and more, and ensure action items and deadlines are met. Support risk presentations, working with other PM and PO partners on evidence to support recommendations. work within and align product development with the company’s risk management framework
- Attend Agile ceremonies, as applicable.
The candidate requirements
- Previous experience working as a Product Manager for Agile team(s).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Highly self-motivated and self-driven.
- Bachelors’ degree in business, engineering, design, or technology field; or related field or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Ten or more years of IT or other relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of product, analysis, technology, and/or design experience.
- Three or more years of leading cross functional teams.
- Equal enthusiasm for high-level strategic planning and tactical daily execution.
- Experience defining/driving vision of experience programs and/or partnership based programs.
- Experience defining and delivering large-scale online initiatives.
- Proven ability to use data analytics, research and testing methodologies to drive business decisions, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans to resolve issues.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Comfortable managing concurrent projects in a fast-based, results-driven environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, leading work autonomously, and making independent decisions.
- Excellent skills in presentation, facilitation, communication, and negotiation.
- Experience in roles requiring strong communication and interpersonal skills & the creation and delivery of succinct presentations to explain and sell plans/vision.
- Knowledge of containerisation, specifically Docker.
- Understanding of DevOps concepts.
- Experience in automating and streamlining operations and processes.
- Knowledge of microservice and service-orientated architecture.
- Expertise with database replication techniques and implementations.
- Experience working with and designing secure, scalable and efficient architecture.
What the company offers:
- Competitive salary and additional benefits
- Employee development support available
This is a security assessed position. The successful candidate must have the ability to attain required Federal Government security clearance.
The role may require national travel, overnight stays and liaison with partners and suppliers.
“OPENING THE GATEWAY BETWEEN TALENT & OPPORTUNITY”
Should you be interested please apply online. Please feel free to contact Wiliana on 0482 074 845 only after online submission for any enquiries. If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at:
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply