STATUS: This Position Is No Longer Available
IT & Telecomms / Trainer
Contract or Temp
Position : Agile Coach
Location : ACT
Outstanding opportunity for a driven professional to join a government department in an IT capacity. A passionate, driven professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed. The department is seeking experienced Agile Coaches to work on a branch responsible for building and supporting their data analytics platforms and related capabilities, the development of technical solutions to support the department’s Skills and Training programs.
We will be looking for the Agile Coaches to deliver the following services:
- Mentoring, coaching, and supporting various roles and teams to enhance planning processes, agile ceremonies and continuous integration delivery practices within the branch.
- Leading planning processes where required to successfully guide the agile journey.
- Leading training, communications, and technical activities to successfully implement agile practices into the culture of the department.
- Communicate and collaborate across teams and the wider cohort in successfully adopting and maturing agile practices, including working on communications plans.
- Support the development of portfolio and program management and governance.
Responsibilities of role will include:
- Working with executives to promote Agile mindset and best practices towards delivery success.
- Provision of program and team level coaching, and creation of artefacts as needed on Agile practices, principles, roles, artifacts, and mechanics.
- Assess scrum maturity of the branch and identify how individual scrum teams can increase their agile maturity level.
- Providing leadership, direction, and coaching to the scrum teams, and mentoring for the Product Owners and Scum Masters.
The candidate requirements
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development (leading, managing and working with teams), with at least 3 years of experience in Agile development methodologies (Ideally SAFe and Scrum).
- Strong leadership skills, including excellent problem solving abilities and proven ability to build teams and create a positive team culture.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to understand and influence individuals through guidance and coaching.
- Proven experience applying lean/Agile methodologies within a medium to large size enterprise/experience working in government.
- Certified qualifications (eg.Scrum Master (CSM/PSM), SAFe certifications) are beneficial
- Hands on experience with Agile project management tools such as Azure DevOps, and implementing them successfully.
- 2 years of experience in assessing team performance.
If you would like to look at our other unlisted roles, you can find them at: https://gatewaysynergy.com.au/careers/
You must submit a CV on application prior to a phone call and be prepared to sign a nondisclosure. Feel free to call thereafter on the following 0482 074 845
How to Apply
Apply online : Click here to apply